Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter 2024

George BM

7 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

lol UConn

My son's teammate has a brother who starts at UConn this year....#12 --> Spencer.  He played at Rutgers and transferred to UConn this year. I hear he is projected to be a third round pick. 

Their older brother played lacrosse at Loyola for 4 years, won the Tewaarton award.  He then played a year of basketball at Northwestern.  He was playing G-League ball for the Warriors and was called up on a 2 way contract a few weeks ago. Scored his first points and Chris Paul got the game ball for him.  

Amazingly athletic gene pool. 

• Like 1

It hardly snowed at Mammoth or Palisades last night.

I am inconsolable. I am pining away for those RATES 38 hours ago.

I wubbed that heavy torrential snow in the Main Lodge lights SO MUCH!

I LOVE IT when the Sierras get down and PAR-TAY!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Can’t root for NC State since UVA should’ve put them away in the ACC tourney… rooting for the most boring outcome (UConn)

ah my young friend - even though that happened, you can NEVER root for Dook (unless they are playing an SEC team).

• Like 2

ah my young friend - even though that happened, you can NEVER root for Dook (unless they are playing an SEC team).

I’m okay with NC State beating Duke. They can go no further though.

as a UVA grad of my generation, our rivalry is

VT > Duke > UNC > everyone else

and you’d make a compelling argument to stick JMU in the mix if we could play them more… think it would be good to get them in the commonwealth clash mix somehow.

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’m okay with NC State beating Duke. They can go no further though.

as a UVA grad of my generation, our rivalry is

VT > Duke > UNC > everyone else

and you’d make a compelling argument to stick JMU in the mix if we could play them more… think it would be good to get them in the commonwealth clash mix somehow.

Yeah this checks out - used to be Maryland until those jerks abandoned us.  I honestly can root for almost any other ACC team, but VT and Duke are tough.  I'll only pull for them if it's against and SEC team or they are basically the last ACC team left standing.  I'll be pulling for NC State against Purdue - but I still think everyone is just lining up for the chance to get crushed by UConn.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

i honestly just want to see them crush everyone.  i love it.  also the ACC and Big East have been getting major disrespect lately.

Agree. I’d love to see a Big East vs ACC final and UConn blow them out. They are crazy good. 

Don't look now  but even MORE snow at Mammoth!!!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge

It is REALLY starting to come down harder! This is beginning to remind me of two nights ago! These aggregates are getting FRACKING HUGE AGAIN!!!! These unbelievably huge flakes are so damned BIG, that you can see them individually on the lodge  roof! Man this place NEVER LETS YOU DOWN!!!

I have found a God to worship,  it is called Mammoth! They are ALWAYS GETTING ANNIHILATED BY SNOW!!!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
On 3/25/2024 at 12:08 PM, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yup, mine is today, though I'll stick to red velvet cake myself!  Oh, and @vastateofmind, happy birthday to you as a fellow March 25th-er!!! :sizzle::beer:

Thank you SO very much, and I'm sorry for the belated acknowledgement. My wife and I were doing a X-country road trip from mid-March out to El Paso and back to see our sons, and just arrived back to NoVA today. It's so nice to be remembered on one's birthday...especially at my old age.  ;) 

• Like 2