• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

Snowing in the Catoctins just to my north. Temp and dew point are plummeting in my hood as we speak. Probably a hour or so before it flips and rips. 

Seeing snow reports on mPing across the PA line. HRRR doing a solid job with the R/S line advancement. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Snowing in the Catoctins just to my north. Temp and dew point are plummeting in my hood as we speak. Probably a hour or so before it flips and rips. 

Seeing snow reports on mPing across the PA line. HRRR doing a solid job with the R/S line advancement. 

It’s a scene here already with these mashed potatoes falling. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

It’s a scene here already with these mashed potatoes falling. 

Whenever it flips, there will be steady rippage for 2-4 hrs before it slowly lets up. Precip rates are around 0.15-0.25”/hr at this point according to the local weather station right across the street. That’s plenty for 1-2”/hr snowfall rate. Will lose a little in the beginning to cool the surface, but once it’s established, off to the races. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

HRRR is a touch slow with the R/S line advancement, but it’s not too far off. Maybe 30 min. Snowing near Waynesboro now according to mPing. The bright banding on radar is wild. 

I’m in the mountain cut in right at Liberty with the changeover happening about 30 mins ago. Immediately went to SN+

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I’m in the mountain cut in right at Liberty with the changeover happening about 30 mins ago. Immediately went to SN+

Yeah. You aren’t too far from me to the north. You should do fairly well with this one. Enjoy the nukage :)

• Like 3