Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Foothills Thread

BooneWX

11 hours ago, BooneWX said:

Oh don’t get me wrong. Definitely didn’t mean it like that. Luckily the mtns will continue to do well with flow and nighttime snowmaking. 

I am sure folks struggling to pay to heat their homes would appreciate a warm up.  I think this January will be the highest heating bill I have ever had, luckily I am blessed to be able to make ends meet.  Since it is going to be cold anyway, hoping to see some snow tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

The ensembles scream that winter is basically done. 

Strange, we have the coldest air this winter about to descend on us and you say winter is over. You can't see past 2 weeks with any level of certainty, and you are already saying that Feb and Mar are toast??? Come on man, you are just frustrated because we missed an opportunity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Strange, we have the coldest air this winter about to descend on us and you say winter is over. You can't see past 2 weeks with any level of certainty, and you are already saying that Feb and Mar are toast??? Come on man, you are just frustrated because we missed an opportunity.

We are about the break the longest streak ever for no snow and the long range looks like a disaster. What makes you optimistic?

2 hours ago, wncsnow said:

We are about the break the longest streak ever for no snow and the long range looks like a disaster. What makes you optimistic?

Never trust the models in the LR. I could very well see a CAD that would provide some fun despite the modeled torch that may or may not materialize. Models flip flop daily at that range.

4 minutes ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

Could y’all share some of the snow to us in the foothill?

We can see it snowing on fisher peak and mountain in Va but nothing here. 

Radar returns around Surry look good. Hang in there! I’d think Fancy Gap to Doughton Park is getting smoked right now.

• Like 1