• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Global Average Temperature 2024

bdgwx

GISS was another record in April. Probably, getting close to a peak in the 12-month average, May is the last month with before temperatures surged last year.  In hindsight the 2015-16 nino kicked us into a new global temperature range. Guessing this nino will also, but we will see. This nino is weaker than 2015./16.

1880-1920base.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chubbs said:

SST including May to-date. The fall off from the nino peak continues, but the ride down is much slower than the ride up. The fall off is In-line with past ninos so far.

isstoiv2_monthly_mean_0.12-359.88E_-89.88-89.88N_n_a.png

you know I think it'd be interesting to see this curve back to 1750 ... maybe 1700.  1750 is the widely/historically noted beginning of the IR.  

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

you know I think it'd be interesting to see this curve back to 1750 ... maybe 1700.  1750 is the widely/historically noted beginning of the IR.  

A couple of SST datasets go back to 1850.  Some ups and downs between 1850 and the 1982 start of the satellite dataset I posted, but only a small increase. Most of the SST rise has occurred in the past 50 years and even that rise has been back-end loaded, with a couple of nino jumps in the past decade.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 16-43-33 Graphics produced by IDL - HadSST4.pdf.png

• Weenie 1