• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning, is there anybody alive out there?! Up to .52" for this event. 2.70" for the month so its looking like another above normal month here. My son got married at Notre Dame on 5/4/24, a fantastic weekend all around! The weather turned out great out there that day. My son and daughter-in-law are doing it again this Sunday in NJ for all friends and family (Notre Dame was a relatively small affair). Hoping the rain gets out of here by Sunday afternoon.  

• Like 2

I'm not dead yet...

Nothing special to talk about I guess. Yeah, a bit over average but the surface has dried sufficiently that it's not squishy walking around the yard and the few things I planted aren't rotting within a week so that's nice. I'd really like it to dry out some more though, these rainy weekends are killing my business for the second year in a row and that sucks.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I'm not dead yet...

Nothing special to talk about I guess. Yeah, a bit over average but the surface has dried sufficiently that it's not squishy walking around the yard and the few things I planted aren't rotting within a week so that's nice. I'd really like it to dry out some more though, these rainy weekends are killing my business for the second year in a row and that sucks.

I'm getting better!!

Agreed, not much to talk about. Sadly I think Ive got use to the rain every couple to few days. 

On 5/15/2024 at 9:11 AM, IrishRob17 said:

God morning, is there anybody alive out there?! Up to .52" for this event. 2.70" for the month so its looking like another above normal month here. My son got married at Notre Dame on 5/4/24, a fantastic weekend all around! The weather turned out great out there that day. My son and daughter-in-law are doing it again this Sunday in NJ for all friends and family (Notre Dame was a relatively small affair). Hoping the rain gets out of here by Sunday afternoon.  

congratulations!

I can't deal with this freaking rain anymore

• Thanks 1

God morning, is there anybody alive out there?! Up to .52" for this event. 2.70" for the month so its looking like another above normal month here. My son got married at Notre Dame on 5/4/24, a fantastic weekend all around! The weather turned out great out there that day. My son and daughter-in-law are doing it again this Sunday in NJ for all friends and family (Notre Dame was a relatively small affair). Hoping the rain gets out of here by Sunday afternoon.  

Congratulations to the newly joined couple. Rob, after looking a bit I found and liked the blessing below. I also found a saying credited to Brendan Behan; “The most important things to do in this world are to get something to eat, something to drink, and somebody to love you”. Both have their own wealth of wisdom. As always ….

IMG_0269.png

• Thanks 1

Good morning, is there anybody alive out there?! Up to .52" for this event. 2.70" for the month so its looking like another above normal month here. My son got married at Notre Dame on 5/4/24, a fantastic weekend all around! The weather turned out great out there that day. My son and daughter-in-law are doing it again this Sunday in NJ for all friends and family (Notre Dame was a relatively small affair). Hoping the rain gets out of here by Sunday afternoon.  

As much as i despise ND lol those pics looked amazing. Congrats!

im getting tired of mowing every 3 days. Make it stop. 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations and best wishes for your family! :clap:

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Just some light rain up here for the most part but there was one bolt of lightning that must have hit the tower at the top of the hill because the flash and crashing boom were at essentially the same time. It got my plague flowing for sure. 

Just some light rain and a few rumbles here with the first cell. It was a little rowdy in the Greenwood Lake area with some trees down, this one slid just to our south. We’ll see what happens with the second round of activity that’s on our doorstep.

2 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Just some light rain and a few rumbles here with the first cell. It was a little rowdy in the Greenwood Lake area with some trees down, this one slid just to our south. We’ll see what happens with the second round of activity that’s on our doorstep.

I knew that cell went through Greenwood Lake but I didn't realize it was that bad. I do now after looking at the fire calls from this morning, at least one tree on a car and numerous trees on houses I saw after taking a quick glance. I dont recall seeing a request for that many UTVs before for something other than a brush fire. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I knew that cell went through Greenwood Lake but I didn't realize it was that bad. I do now after looking at the fire calls from this morning, at least one tree on a car and numerous trees on houses I saw after taking a quick glance. I dont recall seeing a request for that many UTVs before for something other than a brush fire. 

Orange County NY Fire Calls

Mutual Aid:

Monroe Fire - UTV

Warwick Fire - UTV

Chester Fire - UTV

Tuxedo Fire - UTV

Florida Fire - UTV (Unable to Crew)

South Blooming Grove Fire - UTV

Pine Island Fire - UTV

Woodbury Fire - UTV

Goshen Fire - UTV (Unable to Crew)

Cronomer Valley Fire - UTV