Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, Pa Winter 2023-24 Thread.

meatwad

5 minutes ago, TimB said:

That’s what’s upsetting. It’s the type of storm that would have NEVER produced a drop of rain 30 years ago.

And I don’t really disagree with you. Every time we’ve have a cutter this winter there’s a northwest flow behind the system and I’m getting snizzle instead of snow. It’s annoying. 

Just now, dj3 said:

And I don’t really disagree with you. Every time we’ve have a cutter this winter there’s a northwest flow behind the system and I’m getting snizzle instead of snow. It’s annoying. 

It just sucks. A week into January and we’ve had 2.1” of snow.

11 minutes ago, TimB said:

That’s what’s upsetting. It’s the type of storm that would have NEVER produced a drop of rain 30 years ago.

Honestly, you need to step away for a while.  You’re going to have a heart attack over snow.

Either that or you’re a world class troll, because no one should be this worked up over this.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TimB said:

It just sucks. A week into January and we’ve had 2.1” of snow.

I agree. I love early snow also. I’d prefer us to rake in December and January. Let’s take what we can get tomorrow and hope the PV dropping west of where the mid Atlantic prefers lets us cash in on something. 

Just now, Ahoff said:

Honestly, you need to step away for a while.  You’re going to have a heart attack over snow.

Either that or you’re a world class troll, because no one should be this worked up over this.

Good, then I don’t have to live through this climo for another winter.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TimB said:

More than a bit if I have a heart attack.

We’ll be ok. The pattern looks good afterwards. I’ll be surprised if we don’t get to 30-35 by end of February 

2 minutes ago, dj3 said:

We’ll be ok. The pattern looks good afterwards. I’ll be surprised if we don’t get to 30-35 by end of February 

There’s no reasoning with him.  Let him meltdown, like a toddler.  He’ll tire himself out and fall asleep, lol.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

There’s no reasoning with him.  Let him meltdown, like a toddler.  He’ll tire himself out and fall asleep, lol.

I know, I get his frustration but also think he’s being partially trolling. He’s a smart dude. Imagine being DC (whom he and Kpit hate) they went from a MECS to no chance. We’re bitching about riding the mix line on the short range models and regardless will still see some amount of snow 

4 minutes ago, dj3 said:

I know, I get his frustration but also think he’s being partially trolling. He’s a smart dude. Imagine being DC (whom he and Kpit hate) they went from a MECS to no chance. We’re bitching about riding the mix line on the short range models and regardless will still see some amount of snow 

I sure am glad those beltway elites aren’t stealing our snow, yes. That would be the real kick in the teeth.

Just now, Ahoff said:

You don’t mean that.  You’ll be off the handles again in no time.

Probably. Honestly one decent snowstorm would make all the difference at this point. Doesn’t even have to be March 1993. It could be a solid 3-5” event.

2 minutes ago, Ecanem said:

I am up at 7 springs and the NAM shows us getting hammered tomorrow afternoon. 

We had a good 7+” on New Year’s Eve last week.  

You guys need to come up here on these marginal events. 

I contemplated heading to the in laws in Johnstown earlier in the week. They’re in a much better spot but when the storm fizzled it didn’t seem like it was worth it. I think elevation will do well in this.

1 minute ago, dj3 said:

I contemplated heading to the in laws in Johnstown earlier in the week. They’re in a much better spot but when the storm fizzled it didn’t seem like it was worth it. I think elevation will do well in this.

My in laws live in Warren and staying with them isn’t worth seeing snow (not with this storm obviously but in general).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TimB said:

My in laws live in Warren and staying with them isn’t worth seeing snow (not with this storm obviously but in general).

That’s a good lake effect spot. Now I’m questioning you’re dedication to snow :snowman:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Really…take a chill pill

• Haha 1