• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Speaking of warnings. I have that tingle shit happen that they reference for ASMR, and as such, I use various forms of such to fall asleep and stay asleep. One night in the middle of the night (redundant, I am aware), after awaking to spill some urine, I was scrolling through suggestions. I encountered a video on the YouTube called "You're Sleeping During the Outbreak of WW3." Some saint on Earth put rain overlaps over an EAS alert about nuclear holocausts and I've been sleeping to it for the past five nights.

I am ready for a severe weather outbreak. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Haha, I love flying out of HIA. Security takes a second to get through. Even when my 9am flight is postponed I just end up at Phillips drinking beer watching a random morning formula 1 race

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

Haha, I love flying out of HIA. Security takes a second to get through. Even when my 9am flight is postponed I just end up at Phillips drinking beer watching a random morning formula 1 race

Yuengling for a 9AM beer?  A high ABV would suggest you need AA! 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT is warmer than you now.  It was 61 at one,  now it is 71. 

Sunlight May Turn Jet Exhaust Into Toxic Particles | WIRED

SW breeze is cranking here. If the wind veers just a tad more southerly the temps at MDT might bounce around some more this afternoon. Southerly winds this time of year I think tend to keep them cooler during the daytime. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

SW breeze is cranking here. If the wind veers just a tad more southerly the temps at MDT might bounce around some more this afternoon. Southerly winds this time of year I think tend to keep them cooler during the daytime. 

Bouncing around a degree or two is ok.  6 degrees in 10 min suggests their rig/its location is flawed. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Bouncing around a degree or two is ok.  6 degrees in 10 min suggests their rig is flawed. 

I guess so - 

I spend hours every week along the river. A normal week, my wife and I probably spend 10-15 hours on the river trail that winds from the water's edge to at points a couple of hundred yards away. It is not uncommon at all on certain days to walk in and out of "hot spots" and "cool spots" where we look at each other with that knowing glance that we just experienced a significant temperature drop, almost like walking through an invisible curtain separating warm and cold. It's a neat thing to experience and like I said, it happens several times a year, and when it does it is very noticeable. Can't get down to the trail today but I wonder if this is one of the times when there's a large variance from one area to another. 

I guess so - 

I spend hours every week along the river. A normal week, my wife and I probably spend 10-15 hours on the river trail that winds from the water's edge to at points a couple of hundred yards away. It is not uncommon at all on certain days to walk in and out of "hot spots" and "cool spots" where we look at each other with that knowing glance that we just experienced a significant temperature drop, almost like walking through an invisible curtain separating warm and cold. It's a neat thing to experience and like I said, it happens several times a year, and when it does it is very noticeable. Can't get down to the trail today but I wonder if this is one of the times when there's a large variance from one area to another. 

That is the basis of my thought.  The President of thermometers for all of Central PA should probably not be subject to hot and cold spots along a river, IMO.   People go to the beach in the summer hoping for cooling easterly breezes (except in Tampa where it is the opposite) because those temps are not reflective of what the general area is actually feeling.  

No issues if anyone disagrees but I have shown the issues a few times now.  Today, the entire MDT area was 58-61 and MDT was 50 then they jump 6 degrees in 10 min. It is really not much different than having THV be the top therm. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is the basis of my thought.  The President of thermometers for all of Central PA should probably not be subject to hot and cold spots along a river, IMO.   People go to the beach in the summer hoping for cooling easterly breezes (except in Tampa where it is the opposite) because those temps are not reflective of what the general area is actually feeling.  

No issues if anyone disagrees but I have shown the issues a few times now.  Today, the entire MDT area was 58-61 and MDT was 50 then they jump 6 degrees in 10 min. It is really not much different than having THV be the top therm. 

Yes sir, a specific area that is vulnerable to wild fluctuations isn't the right spot for readings that are the "official" ones. 

Rehoboth Avenue, the "main drag" that leads through the heart of Rehoboth from Coastal Highway to the Boardwalk is probably only a couple of miles in length. A few years ago for our summer vacation my car was reading 95 leaving the highway. By the time we got to our ocean block home, it was 84. At any rate, I think (?) the official reading for OCMD is at the airport in West Ocean City...same kind of deal, I'm sure. It's probably mid 90s at the airport often while along the boards it's at least 10-15 degrees cooler. 

@Blizzard of 93 would you, good sir, like to offer a response to this post?

The mercury has officially reached 70F at @millersvilleu for the first time in 2024! It’s absolutely gorgeous outside this afternoon, and I highly recommend taking advantage of it! Who wants cold and snow in #March when it can be like this?
  • Haha 1

Yes sir, a specific area that is vulnerable to wild fluctuations isn't the right spot for readings that are the "official" ones. 

Rehoboth Avenue, the "main drag" that leads through the heart of Rehoboth from Coastal Highway to the Boardwalk is probably only a couple of miles in length. A few years ago for our summer vacation my car was reading 95 leaving the highway. By the time we got to our ocean block home, it was 84. At any rate, I think (?) the official reading for OCMD is at the airport in West Ocean City...same kind of deal, I'm sure. It's probably mid 90s at the airport often while along the boards it's at least 10-15 degrees cooler. 

Yea, those beach towns are a little hard to deal with that issue as a large part of them are indeed cooler sometimes.  But if OC, MD was the official recording station for Salisbury then we have the MDT situation. 

• Like 1

Was waiting until the EC came out to comment...the 12Z GFS and CMC really flipped from earlier runs and have the next week cold/cool lasting through next week into the weekend.  The EC stayed consistent and has a Mid-west low raising heights over us later next week.    Large UL differences at 240.  EC with a trough out in the southwest, GFS and CMC different evolution.   MDT is down from 72-66.  LOL. 

image.thumb.png.11bad52835504b00257edc71f8c24082.png

image.thumb.png.baa5b210f56271a54cdf3796f7a7ff27.png

image.thumb.png.64f9ca7731665e3197ebde9841c7b748.png

Sixty-six and sunny here. I'll address MU.

No. Nobody wants cold and snow in March when they can have sunny and 70. Anybody who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

No. Nobody wants cold and snow in March when they can have sunny and 70. Anybody who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

I would have argued that in the past. I would probably still argue it IF something big was coming. Outside of a major snowstorm though...man, I am loving this. 

So I guess I stopped lying to myself. :)  

I'm evil. I enjoy seeing the horrible weather ruin spring

• Like 1