• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mountain West Discussion- cool season '23-24

mayjawintastawm

Despite the slow, late start of heavier snow last night I received about 20" overnight.  The Point forecast shows an additional 10-18" coming with Act Two this afternoon and evening.  I share Smokey's cynical view of today's additional amounts, but we'll see.  Regardless, I'm pretty happy with what I received already so it is all gravy from here on.

Looking at storm reports, I noted that Ft Collins only received about 1".   That is a sharp gradient from here to there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MidlothianWX said:

I have around 8-9" in North Boulder at the moment. Hoping the back end comes through.

Same here. 8.5" in Gunbarrel with at least .5" compaction since the lull began. Hoping to break a foot with what's to come!

1 hour ago, ValpoVike said:

No worries on the backend amounts anymore. This is getting ridiculous. I have no idea how much has fallen here and I lost track many hours ago. 

Yeah, this very well could be the longest duration of steady snow I've ever seen IMBY. Too bad so much was lost to rain and sun angle, otherwise it might have been an all-timer here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ValpoVike said:

Models showing another decent foothills hit for late weekend and Monday.  Not nearly the QPF as last storm, but still respectable. 

Centennial Airport (KAPA) got almost 3" of water from the last storm, getting into the early thunderstorm with hail as we did. I'm realizing that my rain gauge is absolutely horrible at measuring snow as it melts- the rain amount was spot on, but 16" of snow after that yielded only 0.13" of water. Umm... no. And it wasn't even very windy.

The GFS and ECMWF both have 980mb in Colorado on Sunday, so that's some incredible agreement on that feature. Surely, there will be snow for a lot of high elevations, and there's a decent chance of 30mph winds the Front Range cities. I'm sure future models runs will have a better forecast for snow for the Front Range cities.

7 hours ago, ValpoVike said:

Taking a weekend trip to MSP. Since I will be exposed to airports on both sides, I have little faith that I will have smooth travel Sunday evening 

DIA will likely be fine- no particularly cold air with this one either. Of course, there are always delays on Sundays - I think all that needs to happen is winds > 10 kts or relative humidity > 50%. Something like that. :)