• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Ghost of January 2000....per JB

ChescoWx

Ah yes....JB has focused on his successful 50% of the nation White Christmas and has claimed victory with verification on tap for tomorrow. Certainly a nice call from late November. Now on to the current miss. As some here speculated he indeed mentioned as he always does the following "I could not have forecasted the upper pattern any better for all of this the past 3 weeks, including last weeks miss. The upper features are heading right to what I envisioned, its that simple, but the surface map is the problem"

He goes on to call upon the ghost of Jan 2000 - every weenies favorite model failure that snow lovers still dream of. "In some way this is similar to a late January 2000 storm that shocked many on the east coast.... that too was an error of where the storm was developing in relation to a perfect upper pattern....upper lows moving from Kentucky to Nantucket and

deepening dont normally dump no snow in the mid atlantic states"

No doubt his web hits are climbing!!

to throw out Jan 2000..wow..even the biggest weenies on this board don't do that..lol :arrowhead:

that storm was benign in NYC...6" with sleet and freezing drizzle is about as much as you can expect in a La Nina year...We'll be lucky if we get a storm like Dec. 22, 1975 when NYC got 2" and more fell on Long Island...

Ah yes....JB has focused on his successful 50% of the nation White Christmas and has claimed victory with verification on tap for tomorrow. Certainly a nice call from late November. Now on to the current miss. As some here speculated he indeed mentioned as he always does the following "I could not have forecasted the upper pattern any better for all of this the past 3 weeks, including last weeks miss. The upper features are heading right to what I envisioned, its that simple, but the surface map is the problem"

He goes on to call upon the ghost of Jan 2000 - every weenies favorite model failure that snow lovers still dream of. "In some way this is similar to a late January 2000 storm that shocked many on the east coast.... that too was an error of where the storm was developing in relation to a perfect upper pattern....upper lows moving from Kentucky to Nantucket and

deepening dont normally dump no snow in the mid atlantic states"

No doubt his web hits are climbing!!

I know people like to tweak JB, but seems like he deserves some kudos here for sticking to his guns, despite the models saying otherwise for awhile. Would still love to see some pro write up a post-mortem on this storm, especially with respect to model evolution vs. actual weather evolution and what was the key (or keys) to the models all being wrong for a few cycles.

I know people like to tweak JB, but seems like he deserves some kudos here for sticking to his guns, despite the models saying otherwise for awhile. Would still love to see some pro write up a post-mortem on this storm, especially with respect to model evolution vs. actual weather evolution and what was the key (or keys) to the models all being wrong for a few cycles.

agree...This storm beat even his expectations...

Archived