• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

1 hour ago, TimB said:

I’m certainly not arguing that it makes it better, I’m with you that it looks wonky as all hell. It’s the Susquehanna River, not Lake Superior. Just relaying info about how the ASOS obs are calculated.

damn Susky! You'd be surprised how it screws everything up. Hell people on both shores afraid to cross it. You would think it was like the dividing line between the north and the south. 

Just now, sauss06 said:

damn Susky! You'd be surprised how it screws everything up. Hell people on both shores afraid to cross it. You would think it was like the dividing line between the north and the south. 

And there are sister cities on both sides.  Dauphin and Marysville  Palmyra and Enola. Millersburg and Millerstown.  Pillow and Newport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

And there are sister cities on both sides.  Dauphin and Marysville  Palmyra and Enola. Millersburg and Millerstown.  Pillow and Newport.

Maybe one of the biggest examples is Columbia and Wrightsville. Big time player in the Civil War. 

https://www.penncivilwar.com/post/wrightsville-letter

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PS-I might go with the Cowboys Avatar when the Mav'[s season is over (could be Sunday or much after).  Not sure I can put a Red Sox one up right now. 

I had my Orioles Avatar up over the past few MLB seasons...just sayin'. Didn't get any worse than that. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, paweather said:

I know the Celtics could in fact lose. I am a Curry fan so going with them over the Suns/Dallas. 

I for one will be surprised if Boston loses tonight. I think they'll win this series even though I'm rooting like hell against them. They completely gave game #5 away and I don't see that happening again, even in beer town. 

I agree with you - Boston - Golden State final. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Maybe one of the biggest examples is Columbia and Wrightsville. Big time player in the Civil War. 

https://www.penncivilwar.com/post/wrightsville-letter

And I doubt you can find an area that creates more fake pewter (Wilton). Though I think some or all of it is in Mt Joy now.    I once spoke to someone at a Goodwill who said they throw away much of it as it is coming in relentlessly. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And I doubt you can find an area that creates more fake pewter (Wilton). Though I think some or all of it is in Mt Joy now.    I once spoke to someone at a Goodwill who said they throw away much of it as it is coming in relentlessly. 

All true. 

Wrightsville still has the John Wright restaurant, which is a spectacular place for a nice dinner along the river. Highly recommend. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I for one will be surprised if Boston loses tonight. I think they'll win this series even though I'm rooting like hell against them. They completely gave game #5 away and I don't see that happening again, even in beer town. 

I agree with you - Boston - Golden State final. 

It should be fun to watch and less stressful now. 

• Like 1

So this happened to me and my Jeep on the way home from work yesterday. It is taped and covered with one of those frost covers, but I can't get a new windshield installed until Monday, and I don't have a garage, so you guys have to help me in wishing and praying that heavy or steady soaking rain stays AWAY from Tamaqua this weekend and Monday morning...

280755676_10227710406326944_789156412512383673_n.jpg

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Voyager said:

So this happened to me and my Jeep on the way home from work yesterday. It is taped and covered with one of those frost covers, but I can't get a new windshield installed until Monday, and I don't have a garage, so you guys have to help me in wishing and praying that heavy or steady soaking rain stays AWAY from Tamaqua this weekend and Monday morning...

If that really can leak I would look for something to cover it.  It has been raining on and off all day here and the models have cells forming all 3 days.   Just in case.   But sorry to hear about that happening to you. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If that really can leak I would look for something to cover it.  It has been raining on and off all day here and the models have cells forming all 3 days.   Just in case.   But sorry to hear about that happening to you. 

It's covered, but if we get any driving downpours, I don't know...

What I do know is that I'm lucky it hit where it did. A few inches higher and it might have completely came through the windshield and severely injured me, or worse. I'm guessing it was a 1-2 inch rock that was shot across the road by a passing car that hit it JUST RIGHT with one of the tires.

30 minutes ago, Voyager said:

280755676_10227710406326944_789156412512383673_n.jpg

Trade it in :lmao:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Voyager said:

It's covered, but if we get any driving downpours, I don't know...

What I do know is that I'm lucky it hit where it did. A few inches higher and it might have completely came through the windshield and severely injured me, or worse. I'm guessing it was a 1-2 inch rock that was shot across the road by a passing car that hit it JUST RIGHT with one of the tires.

Yea, glad it did no damage to you. 

57 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Sorry to hear!

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

In case you sports nuts didn't know, tomorrow nights game at the Senators are celebrating their 35 season. 6PM game time

I miss Chris Andree a lot. He was such a great PA guy for a minor league team. His voice...man, he was meant to be an on-air personality on the radio and in the broadcasting booth.  

• Like 1