Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Good morning Rich, thank you and same to you. The second half of the weekend should be peaceful, the first half not so much. Finally returning to Mount Snow for a guys weekend at their Brewfest tomorrow, heading up in about hour. So the next 48-52 hours won’t peaceful necessarily but certainly enjoyable!

Thank you Rob. It’s that 48-52 that will keep you young and the missus happy when you return. As always ….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

On the way back from Brewfest I snapped this at the old Dutchess Mall in Fishkill. Looks like we finally get a decent soaking but it’s too late for these trees

6E87F4E7-47C5-492C-8F9C-A8CF86531FE0.jpeg

Good afternoon Rob. What a sad sight after a wonderful 48-52. We can only hope that those trees have gone dormant. That, unfortunately, will not guarantee their return or cold season survival. Stay well, as always ….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

On the way back from Brewfest I snapped this at the old Dutchess Mall in Fishkill. Looks like we finally get a decent soaking but it’s too late for these trees

6E87F4E7-47C5-492C-8F9C-A8CF86531FE0.jpeg

This drought was likely the final blow for much of the forest there after several years of ash borer and hemlock adelgid havoc. Plenty of fuel for the next time a train's brakes get a bit too hot.

• Sad 3

^^Hey neighbor. Yup nothing here too. 

I just got back from another run across the state and the difference between the dry eastern half and WNY is dramatic. Around I81 it starts to green up and west of I390 it's almost normal. There are whole hillsides of bare trees and big brown sections where the trees didn't even bother dropping their leaves before dying or going dormant. IMO the fire danger is being badly underrated. 

• Like 2

It actually did rain pretty hard for 4 minutes, I timed it. The high spot in the street is already drying after steaming for a few minutes. Yeah, I see some crazy numbers and I'm sorta hoping it's not like that. So much is hardpan and it will run off pretty fast, the savior might be how slowly it's starting. This little initial burst may moisten the surface just enough to help avert disaster but if the streams and piles of debris in my yard from one shower mean anything there's a lot of shit that will move right away. 

I still think this will be a Dutchess/Columbia/Berkshire Counties jackpot. 

• Like 1