Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

4 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Hopefully those totals don’t keep coming down though. Not a fan of the trends today w/ that Arctic High pressing in.

I wouldn't worry yourself with totals as I think it'll be at least 8" or more. This is a pick your poison type ordeal. Get a foot or risk getting zr

Just now, dilly84 said:

Nam is a sleetfest on not on round 1, but also round 2. Just not buying that. Not at all.

Seems as though round one stealing the show maybe. Could be what Canadian was getting at. Not a good day IMO model wise. Just my opinion. Hope I’m wrong but it’s so hard getting a big one here in central OH. 

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

still looking like either a big snow or a sleetfest.   We probably won't have a better handle until this thing is on radar and moving towards us tomorrow afternoon.      

Guess the positive is that outside of southeast Ohio it appears freezing rain may not be as big of an issue

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

I have no reason to be optimistic in this god forsaken area called central Ohio when it comes to snow. I’m betting on a ton of rain & then a ton of sleet just like last February’s “monster” LOL

Logically, I feel like it's been a very long time since the RGEM ever scored a coup on anything.  You can't trust the NAM at this range, especially when it's making large wobbles.  Typically when the GFS caves it does so by now and it hasn't.  It's been extremely consistent, and it does a better job in this situation.  So, logically, I still see this working out.  BUT, it IS central Ohio so I can see this being anything from a sleet fest to rain Wednesday and a sunny day Thursday.  Honestly.

• Like 1

Just now, JayPSU said:

What's your gut say?  You've seen more of these here than most of us!

I still feel more like this will go in our favor once the changeover hits.   The low on the nam travels just south of the Ohio river thru WV.   That's not a bad track and the fact that it's a relatively weak low/strong wave, I don't see a ton of warm air being drawn north.  Still have the high building in as well.    

What makes this tough is we are so close to the goods that real time, small, nuances could effect outcome big time.   Stuff like convection in the south and intensity of precip.   I also think how much of a break in precip between the two shots will have an effect on cold air progression.

So to sum up....i have no f'ing clue other then to say I've seen these situation end up both good and bad.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

I have no reason to be optimistic in this god forsaken area called central Ohio when it comes to snow. I’m betting on a ton of rain & then a ton of sleet just like last February’s “monster” LOL

:lol: ....well I guess we do need someone to cover the pessimism flank.   I'm trying to hold on the the optism flank.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

You know me, I got that covered! 

can't wait until tomorrow when the radars are fired up and we start dissecting every hrrr run.   

You guys remember that one 2 years ago in January.    Started off as rain and sleet and was suppose to changeover but it took hours longer than expected.    The local meterologists caught all kinds of hell. :lol:

• Like 1