Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Whatever developes isn't moving at all...super stationary.

I disagree, the flow is clearly ENE with the one exception being that rogue cell near Coatsesville which is defying fluid hyperdimensional physics and going the opposite direction. Interesting to say the least. 

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I disagree, the flow is clearly ENE with the one exception being that rogue cell near Coatsesville which is defying fluid hyperdimensional physics and going the opposite direction. Interesting to say the least. 

Toms river and S not really moving..do a loop or send family member down.

tr.jpg

• Weenie 1

Still roasting in bright sunshine and high humidity. Went out at lunch and bought a fancy-pants new leaf blower, came home and put it on the charger. Then I went outside and within 10 minutes of simply WALKING AROUND my yard with my shiny-new, giant cordless lawn hair-dryer, I am soaked for the second time today. I'm gonna run out of clean clothes at this rate!

As for rain, I can kinda-sorta see some threatening-looking cells over the horizon.

image.png.423ac2369d44f874b0cfcca7a3a883bf.png

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Still roasting in bright sunshine and high humidity. Went out at lunch and bought a fancy-pants new leaf blower, came home and put it on the charger. Then I went outside and within 10 minutes of simply WALKING AROUND my yard with my shiny-new, giant cordless lawn hair-dryer, I am soaked for the second time today. I'm gonna run out of clean clothes at this rate!

As for rain, I can kinda-sorta see some threatening-looking cells over the horizon.

image.png.423ac2369d44f874b0cfcca7a3a883bf.png

On your doorstep..

ds.jpg

22 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

I'm located at the red dot.

image.png.fcbbebdb67e0fee02d9a037139ff8f10.png

Damn.  Maybe it will back-build and morph.  I have watched some these cells doing this.

The temp has now recovered here and is up to 86 with dp 77.  I did just see Mt. Holly's AFD and they did note all the "boundary" traffic in the area - sea breezes, bay breezes, and convection outflows, and the radar is showing them overlapping and intersecting. :blink:  And then at the intersection points, stuff starts firing up.

radar13-annotated-08272021.png

14 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Damn.  Maybe it will back-build and morph.  I have watched some these cells doing this.

The temp has now recovered here and is up to 86 with dp 77.  I did just see Mt. Holly's AFD and they did note all the "boundary" traffic in the area - sea breezes, bay breezes, and convection outflows, and the radar is showing them overlapping and intersecting. :blink:  And then at the intersection points, stuff starts firing up.

radar13-annotated-08272021.png

Maybe. At least we're under some cloud cover and the temp has dropped to the mid 80's.

Isn't this like the third time this year we've had these incredibly hard to track/predict, nearly stationary storms? I don't recall seeing it like this too often in the past. Watching the radar loop it just looks unreal.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Just look at all the different "tracks". Maybe mostly pointing north-ish? I guess whatever algorithm is used to determine likely storm tracks is just as confused as I am.

image.thumb.png.d3f3eaebb2d68f7ddc282717f698cc72.png 

They probably are confused trying to shoe-horn a track in because there's no flow to move the storms around they just sit there and rain and thunder and lightning themselves out and fade... and the bubble up again a little ways away.

I suppose that's why they call them "pulse" storms because when one pop up, it'll increase in intensity might suddenly decrease in intensity and then might swell up on one side and shrink on the other, and finally move around in place like an undulating blob. :lol:

4 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

The Rain Shield™ opened up just enough for .42" to sneak in. Temp down to 75 as well. Some lovely distant thunder and lightning are adding to the evening's ambiance. Good little storm, that.

You did better than me. Hazleton (12 miles) and Middleport (8 miles) had 3 and 2 inches respectively. Base of the Blue Mountain on 309 in Snyders (9 miles) had a half inch. Tamaqua proper? A whopping 0.08 inch.

OMG I had some mutant cell form, bubble up, and undulate right over my area between about 3 am and 4 am, depositing about 1.20" in that time.  :o

I am still getting light rain at post time (now at 1.31") and it's 73 with dp 73.  This round has taken me to 10.36" of rain for the month of August and there is more possible over the next couple of days, not counting whatever Ida generates.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

OMG I had some mutant cell form, bubble up, and undulate right over my area between about 3 am and 4 am, depositing about 1.20" in that time.  :o

I am still getting light rain at post time (now at 1.31") and it's 73 with dp 73.  This round has taken me to 10.36" of rain for the month of August and there is more possible over the next couple of days, not counting whatever Ida generates.

Same thing happened here. Now sitting at 2.1" for the event--not bad. Only 7.8" for the month though but you're right, let's see what the weekend brings!