Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 22-27 Heat Wave

nwohweather

4 hours ago, jpbart said:

If we get enough rain to stay out of drought conditions then I can live with it.  (This good because I don't have a choice)  Watching everything dry out and die is brutal.

Golf courses are ROUGH right now. Part of the tough scoring this week at Kiawah was how firm the course is

This when being a CoCoRaHS member reporting 0.00" of rain everyday, day after day can get truly demoralizing.  Everybody knows we need rain, but when you are recording all of those zeros it really drives the point home.  I remember the epic drought of 2002 when wells in the low country went dry and lakes in the upstate were at their lowest possible levels.  Essentially the lakes were dry with a trickle at the bottom going through the dam.  That was a depressing year.  Then a year later drought was gone, it was like whiplash from bone dry to normal plus.   I wonder if this year to year behavior is the new normal of a warmer world? :sizzle:

Is it too early to get excited that the NWS is starting to talk about rain next week?  A significant amount of rain possibly?  Am I setting myself up for disappointment and despair yet again?  I can't imagine that rain in the forecast now is like snow in the forecast in early december around here.  It can happen, right?  Yas?

51 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Who else is playing thunderstorm roulette today?  I have a 60% chance IMBY.

My sprinklers are intended to augment rain, but there’s little point now.  I’d have to water all morning to keep up.

I’m refreshing the radar constantly hoping to see a blob of orange and red B)  that little blip to my west gives me hope :hug: