• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16/17 Snow Wall Obs Thread

hazwoper

Ended up with about 7" in Reading. That warm air push was insane. Once models started trending with that warm layer I got really concerned with the high totals being projected. Always seems that if models project a flip it normally happens sooner than later and kills totals around here. Still a nice storm, and a week before Christmas.

Also congrats to central PA and upstate NY, wow.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Fields27 said:

Ended up with about 7" in Reading. That warm air push was insane. Once models started trending with that warm layer I got really concerned with the high totals being projected. Always seems that if models project a flip it normally happens sooner than later and kills totals around here. Still a nice storm, and a week before Christmas.

Also congrats to central PA and upstate NY, wow.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Anytime you have a track with a low riding up the Delaware Bay into Jersey thats no bueno. Especially if MESO models show the warm layer like the NAM did. Sometimes you have to use Meteorology and not model-ology . Synoptically there's no way we were going to get an all snow outcome in our area with that track. I hope people learned their lesson using clown 10-1 maps and even Kuchera. It's snow depth maps or nothing. This forecast was more simple then people made it out to be IMHO. 

• Weenie 1

On 12/17/2020 at 10:55 AM, ChescoWx said:

Final storm total in East Nantmeal Township in Chester County 9.3" of snow/sleet with 2.0" falling since midnight

Id say I received about 8.5-9".  I recorded 6 inches by 5:30pm , nearly 3" in an hour, before the switch to sleet.  Then when I cleared my car off in the am there was another 3 inches of sleet and additional snow on top of the initial fluffy layer.  Overall it had all compacted down to 6" by morning.  

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/westchester/amp/29146435/how-much-snow-fell-on-chester-county-here-are-area-accumulations