• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM

May Discobs 2020

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The height of the cold shot (anomaly-wise) is Monday afternoon.  Not close to the low max records, though.

1760500684_Annotation2020-05-27091149.thumb.png.985c90152f26b84e256c6aa0c4ef1636.png

where was this during the winter :facepalm: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Models showing back to back big rainers  5+ days and busting big both time. They are getting worse.

Hahaha. I was just wondering if this would be my last happy hour on the deck until maybe Saturday. Decided to look at the NAMs, HRRR, etc. What a joke! We might see a sprinkle? Whatever. I’ll water my plants and enjoy the tropical drinks and sun. :lol:

4 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Models showing back to back big rainers  5+ days and busting big both time. They are getting worse.

Sadly they have/are happening down this way. Wet, wet, wet.

6 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

They missed last week because the upper low cut off too far SW.  The models have no been enthused with this week’s chances.  The human forecasters have been more keen on the rain chances because of the PW values.  If it doesn’t rain much it’ll be a win for the models.

Just saw the Euro and it has mby a sunny  upper 60s Sunday and mid 60s Monday.  Mid 40s overnight.  Anomalous for sure .  Through Wed mid 70s at the highest . Nice imo. 95/75 will be here before you know it.:frostymelt:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Sadly they have/are happening down this way. Wet, wet, wet.

My yard is still waiting to cross the 2inch mark for the month... we did manage to get 1.6 last week, most of it in the final night of the event ... so that saved us from potentialy finishing  May extremely dry....

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Just saw the Euro and it has mby a sunny  upper 60s Sunday and mid 60s Monday.  Mid 40s overnight.  Anomalous for sure .  Through Wed mid 70s at the highest . Nice imo. 95/75 will be here before you know it.:frostymelt:

Bad news for tomatoes and squash and melons. It's shaping up to be a tough year in the garden.

• Sad 1

How come on any day that might even have the slightest chance to thunder the cloud deck starts the day about four feet off the ground? Man do we do thunderstorms poorly in this area. I grew up in Ohio and then lived in Tennessee for 13 years before moving to Baltimore at age 40.  I did not realize just how much I took for granted thunderstorms until I got here and they became rather elusive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jrlg1181 said:

My yard is still waiting to cross the 2inch mark for the month... we did manage to get 1.6 last week, most of it in the final night of the event ... so that saved us from potentialy finishing  May extremely dry....

With the 0.62 overnight I have crossed the 6 inch mark for the month. Amazing as we are maybe 60/70 miles or so apart as the crow flies. 6.28 currently.

it's very tropical here this morning.  blue skies and billowy white clouds suddenly turn into grey cloud downpours, which quickly yield to blue skies and sunshine again.

33 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Nice training storms from south to north. Someone’s going to jackpot today.

Seems like most guidance keeps it east of the immediate area.

• Like 1

My home station says my dew point is 76°.  I think it’s high but it’s gross out.

0.22” today. Not bad. Had to turn the a/c on for the first time just to get the moisture out of the air.

Some magical force is causing our precious rains to disappear on the models as we get closer.

UV index tonight is forecast to be a 0/10. We truly live in dark times nowadays.

Edit: just like that, summer shows its true presence after a very brief cooldown. 

3 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Some magical force is causing our precious rains to disappear on the models as we get closer.

UV index tonight is forecast to be a 0/10. We truly live in dark times nowadays.

Edit: just like that, summer shows its true presence after a very brief cooldown. 

How many models actually had lots of rain this week for an extended period?