• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

Just now, weatherbo said:

You’re a dick

This is why they advise people to avoid going to large gatherings, practice social distancing and wear a mask.

Herman decided to do neither of those things.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

36 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

You’re a dick

drink some more 

Herman knew they dangers as a 74 year old going in there and unfortunately it worked out bad. This thing can be very serious, especially to the elderly.

7 minutes ago, RyanDe680 said:

The anti-mask crowd still amazes me.  Like it really is that big of a deal.  If not for your own protection, be human and care about others.  

A colleague of mine lives and works remotely from Florida.  He hired a contractor to do some work in his house.  When the contractor showed up he asked him to wear a mask since he was going to be working inside his house...the guy refused to wear a mask, so he had to cancel the work and go with somebody else.  Some People are even willing to lose out on business if it means wearing a mask.  The anti-mask sentiment is strong down south.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Inverted_Trough said:

A colleague of mine lives and works remotely from Florida.  He hired a contractor to do some work in his house.  When the contractor showed up he asked him to wear a mask since he was going to be working inside his house...the guy refused to wear a mask, so he had to cancel the work and go with somebody else.  Some People are even willing to lose out on business if it means wearing a mask.  The anti-mask sentiment is strong down south.

Wow that is truly astounding...(but sadly not surprising).

Very! Lol back in April a guy made a comment to me about mine, I told him “I don’t think it’d be very Christian of me to be spreading a bug to others”. That ended that real quick. Honestly though if my pastor can wear it, so can everyone else
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UMB WX said:

This is why they advise people to avoid going to large gatherings, practice social distancing and wear a mask.

Herman decided to do neither of those things.

It is true, and although I don’t want to make it too political, there are some who are laying most of this on 45.  Sadly, it’s a joint responsibility and maybe this is a wake up call for some.  Particularly if you are recovering from a past setback like cancer.

• Like 1

Herman Cain's death was completely avoidable, especially at his age and previous medical issues. It is just ignorance to put yourself in jeopardy like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

You’re a dick

drink some more 

He spread enough disinformation that people were undoubtedly affected in negative, irreparable ways. Yes, it’s tragic that he died, but the tragedies his bad advice has generated will never make the news. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Herman Cain's death was completely avoidable, especially at his age and previous medical issues. It is just ignorance to put yourself in jeopardy like that.

Life is unfair.. there’s people who wore their mask and only left the house when necessary and still caught the virus.. some didn’t have access to a hospital the way that Herman did despite the fact he didn’t wear a mask and attended a unnecessary event. 

GOP will continue to downplay the coronavirus even after Herman's death

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, Stebo said:

Unemployment isn't permanent for one, and all that study proves is that the American worker is grossly underpaid.

Umm.... if the businesses that led to their unemployment closed, it's baked in for years. And your other point is another topic all together. 

Just now, Jonger said:

Umm.... if the businesses that led to their unemployment closed, it's baked in for years. And your other point is another topic all together. 

Then people move onto other job opportunities, people have mentioned in this thread that there are plenty of open jobs out there now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NEOH said:

Many employers have contacted people asking them to come back but they decline since they are making more on unemployment than actually working. Despite high unemployment, there are a lot of job openings within certain industries. The jobs are slowly being filled with new hires, and those choosing to remain on unemployment will likely remain there as they won't have a job to go back to. 

We had a big local newstory about a similar situation. The guy owns several restaurants in the area.... he got PPP dollars and called everyone back to do takeout/etc... most of them claimed to be to scared to work. The real story was that they would be taking a paycut from unemployment and didn't want to work.

From what I gather he fired them, which would have not affected their unemployment, but he was within his rights. So they started picketing his restaurants and trashing the guy. He couldn't get the PPP without them working, so at least one of the restaurants are closing permanently.

Lazy young morons essentially didn't want to be hassled with working for this income. This area has seen a grand total of around 500 infections and 28 deaths. All deaths were in nursing homes, obese and averaged 85 years old.

Just now, Jonger said:

We had a big local newstory about a similar situation. The guy owns several restaurants in the area.... he got PPP dollars and called everyone back to do takeout/etc... most of them claimed to be to scared to work. The real story was that they would be taking a paycut from unemployment and didn't want to work.

From what I gather he fired them, which would have not affected their unemployment, but he was within his rights. So they started picketing his restaurants and trashing the guy. He couldn't get the PPP without them working, so at least one of the restaurants are closing permanently.

Lazy young morons essentially didn't want to be hassled with working for this income. This area has seen a grand total of around 500 infections and 28 deaths. All deaths were in nursing homes, obese and averaged 85 years old.

I find it quite ironic that you see no issue with the guy who took PPP money yet forced his workers back and then fired them when they didn't come back. You say this as a business owner as well.

Also quit with this bullshit, the deaths were across the board in the state and in the metro area. Why you are freely allowed to post complete bullshit, I have no idea.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I find it quite ironic that you see no issue with the guy who took PPP money yet forced his workers back and then fired them when they didn't come back. You say this as a business owner as well.

Also quit with this bullshit, the deaths were across the board in the state and in the metro area. Why you are freely allowed to post complete bullshit, I have no idea.

My county had 28 deaths. They were all in nursing homes with 1 exception and that death was removed from the tally. 

How is that bullshit? Why do you get worked up so easily?

PPP is only to employers who actually PAY employees.

Paycheck protection program.

Why is Stebo allowed to post bullshit here?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonger said:

My county had 28 deaths. They were all in nursing homes with 1 exception and that death was removed from the tally. 

How is that bullshit? Why do you get worked up so easily?

Your county isn't the state and the virus wasn't just localized to your county. Just because the deaths were limited there to elderly doesn't remotely mean they were across the state. Stop acting like that stupid county remains in a vacuum.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonger said:

PPP is only to employers who actually PAY employees.

Paycheck protection program.

Why is Stebo allowed to post bullshit here?

Yeah he fired them instead, so he should have gotten nothing.

• Like 2

Just now, Stebo said:

Yeah he fired them instead, so he should have gotten nothing.

No, he fired them when they told him they wouldn't work.

• Confused 1

Stebo is way over his head in economics.

Isn't there a dust devil to videotape out west?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jonger said:

No, he fired them when they told him they wouldn't work.

Did he collect the money first? If so then he committed fraud.