Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

Just now, dilly84 said:

50 miles south of last nights. Nearly takes cmh out of heavy snow. Takes me out of it for sure. Line from Cincinnati to Pitt down to Athens 10-12". North of that it quickly drops off.

disagree with the 'quickly droping off' part.   4-5" all the way up to Toledo.   actually a nice spread the wealth Ohio storm with the heaviest centered where discussed

Just now, buckeye said:

I'm sure as heck not going to scoff at 8-10" with no mixing.   Especially when you consider we were riding a slop line, (even though it was 12-15")

I'm different lol. It gives me around 5". I'd rather have nothing. Give me something big with this setup or nothing at all. 4-5" is what I call hassle snow. Enough to have to go shovel but nothing to really be impressed with 

1 minute ago, dilly84 said:

I'm different lol. It gives me around 5". I'd rather have nothing. Give me something big with this setup or nothing at all. 4-5" is what I call hassle snow. Enough to have to go shovel but nothing to really be impressed with 

You're gonna piss off the wx gods, lol.   Remember, this is now the 'driest' model and it's giving you 5".     Only way to get this way more juiced is to amp it up and then we all know that risk.    Still some room in between though.

Just now, buckeye said:

You're gonna piss off the wx gods, lol.   Remember, this is now the 'driest' model and it's giving you 5".     Only way to get this way more juiced is to amp it up and then we all know that risk.    Still some room in between though.

Yea but you're like me. I'd rather take the risk of amped up than not at all. In your case, you look good according to wxbell snow map for close to a foot. I'd take that in a heartbeat. The older I get the less I could care about 4 or 5 inches lol.

1 minute ago, dilly84 said:

Yea but you're like me. I'd rather take the risk of amped up than not at all. In your case, you look good according to wxbell snow map for close to a foot. I'd take that in a heartbeat. The older I get the less I could care about 4 or 5 inches lol.

Actually Columbus is around 10" but that includes the 2" it claims we get tomorrow.    To be honest a gfs/euro blend would be awesome

5 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Actually Columbus is around 10" but that includes the 2" it claims we get tomorrow.    To be honest a gfs/euro blend would be awesome

Yea you're correct. Wasn't taking into account the Friday. But that also means euro is giving from i70 west basically 2-3" Saturday 

Hey Guys-- greetings of the season! I have been lurking so far this winter, not posting....good to see all the usual members.

Curious about timing...is the Euro any quicker with the onset of precip from the GFS or FVGFS (forget the ICON for now).... seemed like the weekend event didn't get going until 4 AM Sat or later for the OH crew?

I am actually driving later Friday/early Saturday...from MO to CVG....been feeling pretty good about staying in front of the weather for the most part..with warmer temps and timing - to my destination several hours in advance of the precip onset.

Was curious if anyone saw anything different on the timing.

4 minutes ago, vespasian70 said:

I see we had some good luck while I was away. Being just north of the Euro's best snows right now is kind of comforting.

Just as I would be worried if the euro was the only model showing an amplified warm look, I'm equally worried that it's starting to show a progressive weak look.    

Hope a compromise with the gfs happens vs. a full on gfs cave.   

Just now, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

Hey Guys-- greetings of the season! I have been lurking so far this winter, not posting....good to see all the usual members.

Curious about timing...is the Euro any quicker with the onset of precip from the GFS or FVGFS (forget the ICON for now).... seemed like the weekend event didn't get going until 4 AM Sat or later for the OH crew?

I am actually driving later Friday/early Saturday...from MO to CVG....been feeling pretty good about staying in front of the weather for the most part..with warmer temps and timing - to my destination several hours in advance of the precip onset.

Was curious if anyone saw anything different on the timing.

I would think it's a post-dawn start vs. pre-dawn....like7-10am??? for CMH.  Earlier for cincy

6 minutes ago, NTXYankee said:

ILN added preliminary amounts to my Saturday forecast on the point and click map for northeast section of CMH.  They must be feeling more confidence.  Up to .3 inches of ice and up to 8 inches of snow during day Saturday.

Same here.  3-7" playing it safe with the wide spread amount

19 minutes ago, NTXYankee said:

ILN added preliminary amounts to my Saturday forecast on the point and click map for northeast section of CMH.  They must be feeling more confidence.  Up to .3 inches of ice and up to 8 inches of snow during day Saturday.

They seem to be trying to cover all the bases, throwing in basically every conceivable precipitation type, including rain.  The new point has only 3-5" for Columbus down from 3-7" earlier.  A little weird considering the trends today, but it's not like it's all set in stone.