• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner

Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

Crossing fingers we stay frozen longer. Ice storm is looking very real at this time. Have a hard time believing we see plain rain, south and east of Richmond yes. Hope we get a nice thumping before the changeover and maybe get some bands on the backside. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

You know what, I'll take my 2" and be happy with it.  Insane that we're going to get 1.2"+ of liquid, but it's going to be wasted on sleet and fzr. 

Yeah, that 2 inches comes over a long period of time as well....a little at the onset and a little at the end...per the Euro.  Lots of mix and plain old rain...

1 minute ago, Freshies said:

Yeah, that 2 inches comes over a long period of time as well....a little at the onset and a little at the end...per the Euro.  Lots of mix and plain old rain...

Its been showing this for awhile now.. Hopefully that back end does stay together because that will be where most of the snow for the area gets picked up at the end....  im gonna live with my 3-6  from 3 days ago for this part of Glen Allen  ... and drink for one for a surprise & save 2 for whatever happens.. ha :drunk:

• Like 1

StormTotalIceFcst.png

Still think this is a little low for a few places in closer to the RVA area.. but we will see if they update it later today..

i

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

That's not a lot of ice.  Means the euro thinks we just get plain old rain.  A few degrees could make all the difference. 

Yeah, not much sleet showing up on the euro either.  TBH, I'm fine with this.  Nothing I hate more than hearing the sound of sleet hitting the side of the house...although I hate this most when I am expecting it to be snow!

Just now, eaglesin2011 said:
StormTotalIceFcst.png

Still think this is a little low for a few places in the area.. but we will see if they update it later today..

image 2 of 39
previousnextclose

Based on that precip as snow I just posted, Glen Allen going to see mainly sleet? That’s 12z. What’s Kuchera in Glen Allen snowfall on latest Euro

What chances do we have for a positive bust? Undermodeled CAD and heavy rates? Didn’t Williamsburg cash in big 12/9 with a delayed changeover.

• Like 1

So I don’t understand how Glen Allen can show 1” of total frozen (liquid equivalent) and be 3” of snow. Must be sleet then right?? Anyone? Lol For 12z Euro 

If the back end sticks around longer then expected is prob the best chance... .. I don't see how we wont get a changeover... esp in that area...  

Storms are really firing up ((coming up from the gulf).. I wouldn't doubt that there will be Thundersnow somewhere...

The storm next weekend is nuts.    TBD where it actually is frozen.  Could easily be west of us or east of us.  Its an wave of low pressure developing along the arctic front as it pushes through the east.   

• Like 1

Almost 38 degrees here in Glen Allen. )I think that's a bit higher then projected). Hopefully some snow moves in soon to cool it back down a bit.. Radar starting to fill in a bit.. Snow rain line out west not looking too great for us at the moment. Blah

Light to moderate snow in Walthall, sticking to everything. Curious to see this warm nose tonight. 2-8" could be possible. Pending on the mixing.

nice temp drop here when the snow started...

Decent light snow now here in Glen Allen

But the RADAR not looking all that great at the moment out west ... Hopefully it will fill in more with snow.. (if not we are in trouble) .. to the East tho wow is it really snowing that far south already?

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/23059:4:US?layer=radar