• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
AMZ8990

Winter Banter 2017/18

On 3/16/2018 at 10:52 AM, jaxjagman said:

We'll be in Chattanooga tonight.Son has his state gymnastics meet tomorrow and open practice is tonight.It's at UT/Chattanooga so i'm hoping they have good internet access where i can stream the Auburn game tonight.

I can't see Kansas losing to Auburn.Just put a big man in the paint and he'll likely destroy them if he's any good.Same with D,play the zone and make them force shots.Now if you play man to man ,Auburn can compete with anyone.Lack of size kills Auburn,McLemore was a huge blow for us losing him

I should have been a basketball coach.I said how to beat Auburn in the paint and take away the outside shot...lol.No big man inside was brutal with rebounds

Clemson vs  Auburn   Game Summary   March 18  2018   ESPN.png

3.png

Tennessee loss was painful. Part of you wants to like aggressive play. The other just says, why reach at that ball? Houston also lost a heart breaker to Michigan; however, it was after missing two free throws so they never should have been in that position. Tennessee game rips the heart more.

Well I got two Kansas teams in the Sweet Sixteen. K-State fills in for Wichita State. KU is still in the mix. Now I wonder how many in the coastal media will get excited about Kentucky vs K-State, not realizing they are not U. Kansas, lol!

• Like 1

Great season for the Vols.  They allowed LC to dictate the tempo during round 2 and that (along w a last minute loss of our starting center) allowed a lesser athletic team to advance.  Still, for a team picked 13th in the SEC, this has been a great season.  Says a lot about this team that the expectations are such that we are now disappointed that they didn't have a fourth shot at UK for a chance at the Final Four.  Literally, our expectations went from "just keep it respectable" for the season to...."does this team have an outside shot at the Final Four."  After watching that bracket implode, we missed a great opportunity.  However, after being co-champs of the SEC and making the tourney finals....that is WAAAAY past even the most optimistic fan's expectations.  So, they did pretty well with the opportunity presented.  For next season, we are recruiting one more guard and an elderly nun to handle game analytics and to do the pregame prayer.  I am actually looking forward to basketball season next year.  

• Like 2

It's always a frustrating ending to Tennessee basketball, but it was an above average season by any stretch. Just tough to not see that Grant Williams could have dominated this team while UT jacked up 3 after 3. That entire branch of the bracket went down in flames. Kentucky long ago sold it's soul to the devil apparently.

• Like 1

Yeah after a few days to settle, I'm really proud what they managed to accomplish this year. Here's to hoping they make a deeper run into the Big Dance next year. I think the team will improve.

• Like 1

@nrgjeff, what a win, brother!  Just to let you know that I had faith in your Jayhawks, 2/3 of my brackets have Kansas as the national champs.  They won me over with their play in the Big 12 title game.  That brand of basketball will take you deep in the tourney.  Had the Vols in the other which was not a bad pick in view of LC's run.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks Carvers! Yes I had the Vols going farther too. Loyola came to ball though. Kansas is peaking at the right time. KU has found its groove playing fundamental basketball. Defense is much tougher and the offense is comfortable with mid-range jumpers. 

Duke almost won at the end of regulation. Their last shot rimmed out so lucky for KU. Then in OT Kansas upper classmen had the huge advantage. Good D, contesting that last shot, built confidence. Couple turnovers and smart possessions closed the deal in OT.

Kansas had lost our last 3 Elite Eight games 2013, 2016 and 2017. Coach Self is probably right that playing another blueblood like Duke actually reduced pressure. Just go out and have fun! I am so thrilled back to the Final Four!!

I have to add this group of players is very special. Senior Night is always emotional, but Svi Mykailiuk and Devonte Graham gave particularly inspiring speeches with family there. Graham's family was there again for the Regional. In context after Senior Night, watching everyone gather around his family on the way to the Final Four was so amazing.

• Like 1