• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Heavy graupel here ATM with big huge fat wet flakes mixing in. Ground already turning white fast even though that's probably mostly from graupel...too bad this little cell will be out of here within 10 minutes with nothing left behind it.

What could have been if temps were 5 degree colder... Hopefully we get some decent SW flow events this winter.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, southbuffalowx said:

Looks like an inch or 2 where this webcam is located, between Attica and Bennington. 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNYATTIC9

That's just what it looks like at night, rewind to the past several nights, looks the exact same. Hopefully will wake up to couple inches on some hilltops in Boston or Warsaw but as of right now I don't think there's been any accumulation anywhere.

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think it would be close to 2' in the hardest hit areas today so far, that band was really producing for quite some time earlier. 

Well I'm at 1.4" for the day all since 2pm which is one of the higher totals judging by PWS, with the highest from S Cheektowaga to N OP out to Marilla and Alden ranging from 1.2 "- 1.7" so with ratios yes it could be approaching 2' in areas. 

4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

That's just what it looks like at night, rewind to the past several nights, looks the exact same. Hopefully will wake up to couple inches on some hilltops in Boston or Warsaw but as of right now I don't think there's been any accumulation anywhere.

My mistake! Getting too eager to see some snow lol

This is so agonizing that if it were 5 degrees colder we would be looking at some epic snows.  Band is really on the uptick this morning. Looks like it is going dual feeder band.  Getting crushed here with very heavy graupel, ton of thunder in the last few minutes and lightning.  Looking around social media seeing some reports of a dusting to an inch from Wales out 20A toward the wind farm but that's it so far.  How's everyone else making out today? 

IMG_3335.PNG

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

This is so agonizing that if it were 5 degrees colder we would be looking at some epic snows.  Band is really on the uptick this morning. Looks like it is going dual feeder band.  Getting crushed here with very heavy graupel, ton of thunder in the last few minutes and lightning.  Looking around social media seeing some reports of a dusting to an inch from Wales out 20A toward the wind farm but that's it so far.  How's everyone else making out today? 

IMG_3335.PNG

We had graupel with thunder and lightning most of the night in  Hamburg, was tough to sleep. Looks like main band is in South Buffalo/West Seneca area now. 

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

That was a bust... nothing up on the hills sun was actually peaking through.  Nice dusting of snow at Chestnut Ridge.  Back to heavy graupel once you get into West Seneca. Defeiently some cooling going on.  Car read 37 up at the top of the hills and then it's down to 35 back in the band. 

IMG_3391.PNG

IMG_3392.PNG

As you said so many times already if only it was 5 degrees colder we’d be talking an absolute blockbuster. Instead we land up with a slushy dusting and the long range looks like there’s virtually 0 chances for anything over the next 16 days... 

17 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

As you said so many times already if only it was 5 degrees colder we’d be talking an absolute blockbuster. Instead we land up with a slushy dusting and the long range looks like there’s virtually 0 chances for anything over the next 16 days... 

I'm actually pretty happy about that, I would like some 50s and sun as we get our new puppy on Friday. =)

Archived