E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/14/2017 at 6:22 PM, RedSky said:

.85" on the day and 1.45" this event.

71F high

Looks wet on a regular basis the next two weeks. Nice low watering agriculture season, near 3.80" locally at mid month.

This isn't panning out like I thought...hoping for a stray solid shower/T-storm this afternoon. The weekend better be kind or I'll have to get my ass out there and start watering the garden.

92.3F / DP 72F

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

This isn't panning out like I thought...hoping for a stray solid shower/T-storm this afternoon. The weekend better be kind or I'll have to get my ass out there and start watering the garden.

92.3F / DP 72F

Sure hasn't, watered yesterday. You would think it will rain this weekend but it's that 50/50 chance who knows

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Sure hasn't, watered yesterday. You would think it will rain this weekend but it's that 50/50 chance who knows

SPC heard you guys and just put up a Severe Thunderstorm Watch. ;)

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 426
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
505 PM EDT THU JUL 20 2017

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 426 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC011-017-025-077-089-091-095-101-210200-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0426.170720T2105Z-170721T0200Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERKS                BUCKS               CARBON
LEHIGH               MONROE              MONTGOMERY
NORTHAMPTON          PHILADELPHIA
$$

Call me stunned both here in East Nantmeal and at Chester County Airport we both topped out at 89...we just can't friggin buy a 90 in these parts...there is always tomorrow. Still sitting on just one single 90 degree day here in Chester County...where heat waves come to die!! That said still disgustingly warm today with a high heat index of 103.1

Of course I just looked on weather underground and saw someone in Guthriesville near Downingtown is showing 97....clearly not a well sited fan aspirated station...

20 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Lol...so basically we should feel confident with 20% - 30% but highly unlikely at 40% or 90%.

Gust of winds occurring. I just want a damn shower.

We would be living in mad max world wandering the dry gulag if it wasn't for the slight chance, all hail 20-30%

This could be our last day during the latest "heat wave" in Chesco as we once again try and hit the 90 degree mark for the 2nd time this summer....NWS P&C has us getting to 92 Wxsim only 88 - so far we have hit a high of 87.3

In Sea Isle City we topped out at 88.4 at 10am b4 the sea breeze kicked in now down to 83

Archived