• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow and Rain Event on 12/30

ChescoWx

Latest Wxsim with 6z blend of GFS/NAM data at 12/28 has snow overspreading NW Chesco by 6am tomorrow morning with temps at 32.0. Quickly to a thump of heavy snow by 7am temp 31.7 with a 0.5" of snow on the ground. By 10am still Heavy Snow with 1.5" on the ground and a temp of 32.4. Mixing by 1030am with 2.0" on the ground and 32.6. Precip continues as a mix of snow and rain before ending by 1pm. Total water equiv 0.52". This will likely be quite elevation dependent....this forecast is for over 650ft ASL. Will need much heavier rates to overcome boundary layer issues below 500ft.

A little more light snow right around midnight on New Years Eve with another 0.2" of snow.

Latest Wxsim with the 18z NAM and 12z GFS on 12/28 (Thanks Steve!)  has slightly increased snowfall (and total precip) now to 2.2" of snow and 0.60" of liquid with the same basic start/stop timetables. Snow will gradually change to a mix of Snow and Rain but never going to all rain depending on intensity. High temp tomorrow 34.2.

I will update within the hour when the GFS 18z is added into the equation

1 hour ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Updated 18z data for both GFS/NAM brings snowfall back down to 1.2" and total precipitation down to 0.55" maintains a mix of snow and rain during the duration of the "event" with temps slightly above freezing by 830am

With winds everywhere out of the ESE overnight into tomorrow morning I'd venture a guess even you will switch to plain rain, and fairly quickly.  Although, it may be close that far west and with some elevation.

18 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

With winds everywhere out of the ESE overnight into tomorrow morning I'd venture a guess even you will switch to plain rain, and fairly quickly.  Although, it may be close that far west and with some elevation.

If I was making a forecast agreed ++ but just sharing what the forecasting program is spitting out....

Archived