• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Iceland

13 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Beautiful. My brother and his family just spent a week there, and the photos were just stunning. I have always been enamored with Iceland..  I really could see myself living there, for many reasons. 

It's an amazing place. I hope to go back again, probably during the winter.

The island has numerous large lava fields, which add to its distinctiveness.

image.jpeg

16 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Great pics, Don!  I'm going to Iceland for work in early September.  Hoping it's not 40F and pouring rain the whole time!

Thanks WxUSAF. Hopefully, nights will be dark enough by then so that you can see the Aurora borealis. It never got darker than twilight when I was there. Aside from the first day on which it rained throughout the day, the other days were partly sunny with some scattered showers. Hopefully, you'll get a lot of sunshine while you are out there.

15 hours ago, bowtie` said:

Looks like you get a nice day there, the whole freakin' world is outside. Not that I blame them in the least. Fantastic images.

You are right, Bowtie, and for the most part it was unseasonably warm by Icelandic standards (high 60s). A lot of the people outside were tourists. Reykjavik was filled with them. Once one got away from there and the usual tourist hot spots, there were far fewer people outdoors. The exception was the small village of Stykkisholmur, where there were a lot of people in their teens/early 20s out and about. It turns out that the village offers free wi fi coverage everywhere.

Archived