joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
se WI/ne IL/nw IN/se MI lake effect snow event

Hoosier

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barely and it will be out of here soon..

FOOK this winter.. My ass is sore enough from getting fooked over every event. And from sitting in front of this PC. Fooking thunderstorms coming next... Bet that don't miss me..Half of winter will be over and I'm sitting at 7" Wife been calling and sending pics all day of their drive down to florida.. Every fooking southern state has more snow on the ground than me.

IM DONE... Give me the least snowiest winter for all I care.

y'all to the south enjoy the big cotton balls falling for me.

I totally agree.

Honestly I am not giving up on winter at all but its been a bumpy first part of it even if we end up about an inch below normal for the month. But it would be nice to have a LES surprise to the good for once, like this could have been, but instead 2k inversion heights crushing the potential. As a matter of fact I snow just ended here at KDTW now there isn't even flurries.

FOOK this winter.. My ass is sore enough from getting fooked over every event. And from sitting in front of this PC. Fooking thunderstorms coming next... Bet that don't miss me..Half of winter will be over and I'm sitting at 7" Wife been calling and sending pics all day of their drive down to florida.. Every fooking southern state has more snow on the ground than me.

:(:arrowhead:

lol to your new location though.

Lol Bow its really something, this La NINO we are having apparently. I mean who would thought the South/East would be having snow right now while its pixie dust at best up this way.

Lol Bow its really something, this La NINO we are having apparently. I mean who would thought the South/East would be having snow right now while its pixie dust at best up this way.

Between the wife sending pics all day of down south and and another big :weenie: shoved up my fanny tonight with the LES miss.. I just want to go in to weather tracking hibernation.. But how can one do that :arrowhead: I knew payback would be a beotch from the couple of real good winters... But going on a winter and a half soon of utter **** is enough is enough but I guess not.

Between the wife sending pics all day of down south and and another big :weenie: shoved up my fanny tonight with the LES miss.. I just want to go in to weather tracking hibernation.. But how can one do that :arrowhead: I knew payback would be a beotch from the couple of real good winters... But going on a winter and a half soon of utter **** is enough is enough but I guess not.

You don't want to track the severe weather prospects for next weekend? Come on Bow nothing beats a winter thunderstorm :axe:

It looks like that may be the band that may hammer Cook and Lake in the next few hrs. That may stall overnight and bring 1-2inch per hr snowfall rates to eastern Lake and Cook. Hopefully this time it doesent shred westerward. If it can stay a single band for a period of long time somewhere in Lake and or Cook someone gonna get smoked and be surprised in the morning. 00z NAM keeps the snowband through 9-10pm tommorow

00z NAM does look stronger with .25-.50 liquid in southeast Cook.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI

800 PM CST SAT DEC 25 2010

SHORT TERM

TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY.

.PREVIOUS FORECAST ON TRACK FOR THE MOST PART. RECENT RADAR TRENDS

SUGGEST THAT MAIN LAKE-EFFECT SNOW BAND WILL AFFECT SOUTHEAST

MILWAUKEE COUNTY DOWN THROUGH RACINE AND KENOSHA COUNTIES. MODELS

DIFFER IN TREATMENT OF THE BAND OVERNIGHT...SO I WILL CONTINUE WITH

THE SNOW BAND IDEA JUST AFFECTING MILWAUKEE SOUTH. SNOW SHOWER

INTENSITY FALLS OFF RAPIDLY WEST OF INTERSTATE 94 AFTER THE SHOWERS

DROP THEIR PCPN. I STILL LIKE THE IDEA OF 3 TO 4 INCHES EAST OF

INTERSTATE 94 FROM MKE SOUTH TO THE BORDER FOR STORM TOTALS FROM 6

PM THIS EVENING TO NOON SUNDAY. THE BAND SHOULD MOVE SOUTH OVERNIGHT

AND WEAKEN PER MOST MODELS.

SOME MODELS SUGGEST A NEW BAND MOVING IN TO AFFECT FAR EASTERN

RACINE AND KENOSHA COUNTIES 15 TO 18Z SUNDAY. IF THIS

HAPPENS...COULD BE ANOTHER 1 TO 3 INCHES ON TOP OF WHAT I MENTIONED

ABOVE. THE MIDNIGHT SHIFT FOLKS AND NEW MODELS RUNS SHOULD BE ABLE

TO RESOLVE THAT SUNDAY DEVELOPMENT.

I think he meant to say he still likes .3-.4 tenths of an inch total of snow east of 94 in MKE county. Snow is all but over except for the extreme SE tit of MKE.

Cancel the Advisory up here for christ sake.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

831 PM CST SAT DEC 25 2010

DISCUSSION

830 PM CST

ONLY MINOR TWEAKS TO THE CURRENT GRIDS...WITH THE BIGGEST ADJUSTMENT IN THE DIURNALS. NO OTHER CHANGES WERE NEEDED AS FOR THE MOST PART...GOING FORECAST CONTINUES TO MOVE ON TRACK.

NOW...FOR HOW THE NIGHT SHOULD EVOLVE...PRESENT GUIDANCE INDICATES THAT THE BEST LES ACTIVITY WILL CONTINUE TO RAMP UP...AS BUFR SOUNDINGS ARE SUGGESTING A PEAK JUST AFTER 6Z ACROSS THE LAKE...WITH SFC TO H85 DELTA T/S RANGING IN THE 15 C RANGE AND LAKE INDUCED EL/S JUST SHY OF 10KFT. EARLIER...HEAVY BANDS MOVED ACROSS LAKE AND NORTHERN COOK COUNTY IN ILLINOIS. ONE REPORT IN LAKE COUNTY CAME IN WITH 1.7 INCHES FALLING IN 45 MINUTES...AND THAT GOES TO SHOW THE NATURE OF JACQUES LE PLUME AS HE COMES DOWN THE LAKE WITH HIS HEAVY SNOW BANDS. AS OF 02Z...ACTIVITY IS INCREASING AGAIN ACROSS RACINE AND KENOSHA COUNTIES IN WISCONSIN...STRETCHING BACK THROUGH THE MID LAKE. GENERALLY EXPECT THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS OF SNOW FROM THE BANDING TO HAPPEN IN A CORRIDOR STRETCHING FROM SOUTH OF MILWAUKEE TO AREAS NORTH OF EVANSTON. WINDS SHOULD BACK EVER SO SLIGHTLY AND IM FINDING IT HARDER AND HARDER TO PUSH THE BEST OF SNOWS SOUTH AND THROUGH CENTRAL/SOUTHERN COOK COUNTY THIS EVENING. THAT SAID...NO CHANGES TO THE WSW AT THIS TIME...THOUGH WILL COUNTY IS LOOKING LESS AND LESS LIKELY TO SEE ADVISORY LEVEL BANDING WHILE MCHENRY IS ON THE BLOCK FOR BEING ADDED IF THE BANDS MAINTAIN PRESENT ORIENTATION. WILL WAIT FOR THE FULL SUITE OF 00Z PRODUCTS TO MAKE A MORE INFORMED DECISION AT THIS POINT.

A QUICK GLANCE AT THE LATEST NAM...HAS CONFIDENCE LOW WITH ITS INITIALIZATION AND THEREFOR ITS SOLN. THE 18Z GFS SEEMS TO BE HANDLING THE WEATHER MUCH BETTER...KEEPING THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS NORTH...SIMILAR TO WHAT IS HAPPENING AT PRESENT...WITH ACTIVITY REMAINING NORTH INTO THE EARLY MORNING HOURS...WEAKENING THE SYSTEM AS IT SWEEPS SOUTH INTO THE AFTERNOON HOURS.

THE CURRENT SNOW TOTALS REFLECT A VALUES OF 3 TO 6 INCHES...BUT IT CANT BE STRESSED ENOUGH THAT THIS IS WHAT IS EXPECTED FOR AREAS THAT WILL BE IMPACTED BY THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW BANDS...WHILE THE MAJORITY OF THE OUTSIDE AREAS WILL SEE A MUCH MORE GENERALIZED 1 TO 3 INCHES. AS IT WAS WORDED PLAINLY IN THE WSW THIS MORNING...'JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT SNOWING AT YOUR HOUSE...DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS NOT AN INTENSE SNOW SHOWER JUST DOWN THE ROAD.'

SHEA

laugh.gif Gotta love Jacques..

These things are always fascinating to watch. It has really gotten its act together in the past few hours and barely 10 miles wide. The radar presentation right now out of MKX is about as good as anything that happens on the other side of the lake.

These things are always fascinating to watch. It has really gotten its act together in the past few hours and barely 10 miles wide. The radar presentation right now out of MKX is about as good as anything that happens on the other side of the lake.

I know. I showed my dad that band he not really interested in weather but he likes when it snows because its good for his business and he said "holy cow I never seen something like that in my life over here, I always see that but ones that go into NW Indiana" He drunk and feeling good so he kept bragging about it and was amazed to see it.

Archived