joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Canada Winter 2015-2016 discussion

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

take a look at the gfs bufkit sounding for toronto.  

Yeah, I saw them. GFS is definitely on the colder side of the guidance initially. HRRR also is supportive but to a lesser extent. NAM/RGEM/SREFs/RAP all much warmer. Those latter models are already busting in that they were indicating PL right from the get-go so maybe the GFS will come out on top. 

Yeah, I saw them. GFS is definitely on the colder side of the guidance initially. HRRR also is supportive but to a lesser extent. NAM/RGEM/SREFs/RAP all much warmer. Those latter models are already busting in that they were indicating PL right from the get-go so maybe the GFS will come out on top.

This why sounding analysis is always best. Thicknesses would definitely look pl at the onset but these set ups always higher than normal thicknesses for snow given they are nearly isothermal to 0c aloft.

Snow starting falling at my place around 6:15 pm. Has been snowing lightly ever since. I'm thinking 5-10 cm for my area, rain by the morning rush hour. Hoping I'm wrong though.

I'm guessing 3 to maybe 4 cm so far here, although it's been snowing about half an hour longer here. Grass is mostly covered. Assuming we don't get PL contamination within the next couple of hours, I think the higher end should be attainable.

Would be helpful if we got some genuine moderate to heavy snow. Rates have been decent but still in the light category i'd say.

I'm guessing 3 to maybe 4 cm so far here, although it's been snowing about half an hour longer here. Grass is mostly covered. Assuming we don't get PL contamination within the next couple of hours, I think the higher end should be attainable.

Would be helpful if we got some genuine moderate to heavy snow. Rates have been decent but still in the light category i'd say.

still snow in buffalo and hamilton...looks like the cold end of guidance is good so far.  

still snow in buffalo and hamilton...looks like the cold end of guidance is good so far.  

Hamilton switched to -ZR at 8pm.

the change is making its way along the lakeshore. I have just turned from mostly snow to a snow-ice pellet mix. Im hoping thats because I just went thru lighter radar returns so Ill wait and see if the heavier stuff can switch my area back to mostly snow

the change is making its way along the lakeshore. I have just turned from mostly snow to a snow-ice pellet mix. Im hoping thats because I just went thru lighter radar returns so Ill wait and see if the heavier stuff can switch my area back to mostly snow

Yeah, I'm noticing that lull on King City Radar. Hopefully the heavier returns about to move in "re-cool" the column.

It'll be interesting to see if buffalo receives enough snow to avoid having the least snowiest December on record.

Still snowing quite steadily here, albeit lightly. Very windy. I may have heard one or two pings as well.

Archived