Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Capital Weather Gang - 2015-16 Winter Outlook

Deck Pic

2/92

add 2/05

Think we had a storm in early February 92 that turned out pretty lame. A couple days before the storm it actually looked like it would be decent for us but it was not to be. Don't recall exactly but I think we got a couple inches followed by some sleet and zr. Some areas might have seen as much as 4 inches. That is the only storm I remember from that horrendous winter.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we had a storm in early February 92 that turned out pretty lame. A couple days before the storm it actually looked like it would be decent for us but it was not to be. Don't recall exactly but I think we got a couple inches followed by some sleet and zr. Some areas might have seen as much as 4 inches. That is the only storm I remember from that horrendous winter.

The late 80's/early 90's winters remind me of my high school winters of the early/mid 70's...just horrid.

Edit: only exceptions being late November 89 thru 12/89 and 3/93

• 3 months later...

Overall Temps- +2, Actual +3.8, B/B+

DEC: +3, Actual +11.5, C+

JAN: +2, Actual -1.1, D

FEB: +1 to +2 - Actual +0.9, A

10", Actual 22.2", C-

Overall Grade - C/C+

Pretty darn good IMO.

I would have also been more generous with the grade on Jan temps and snowfall.  The Jan total was a total fluke.

Good forecast once again

Two out of 3 months right, correct side of departure. Like KA temp call yours was an A-/B+

You also had the nice nuance of a higher than typical chance of a big one. Snow call was poor, a D but between you me KA and Isotherm only he had the snow right but he was not as good on temps. No one really nailed temps And snow but some subtle things were quite accurately predicted and no one busted. I think the people that can be counted on for long range forecasts mostly averaged C/C+ for the overall

Overall Temps- +2, Actual +3.8, B/B+

DEC: +3, Actual +11.5, C+

JAN: +2, Actual -1.1, D

FEB: +1 to +2 - Actual +0.9, A

10", Actual 22.2", C-

Overall Grade - C/C+

I would bump Dec to a B maybe B-

+3 is a solid well above average call and it was historically above average. Don't think your position really would have improved hugely if you had gone +7 and that's just an improbable call 90% of the time anyway and no hurt in being in the 10% so to speak in this case

Archived