Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ted Cruz: Science Denier and Asshat

eyewall

Ted Cruz the science denier:

“If you look at satellite data for the last 18 years, there’s been zero recorded warming,” Cruz said in California’s Orange County. “The satellite says it ain’t happening.”

Instead, Cruz said, government researchers are reverse engineering data sets to falsify changes in the climate. “They’re cooking the books. They’re actually adjusting the numbers,” Cruz said. “Enron used to do their books the same way.”

“I’m saying that data and facts don’t support it,” Cruz said to applause from 450 donors to the political network organized by billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch.

Science, however, does not back up Cruz’s position. Geochemist James Lawrence Powell, an adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, reviewed peer-reviewed science journals and found that only two articles rejected climate change during 2013. His sample size: 10,885 articles.

http://time.com/3981623/ted-cruz-climate-change/?xid=fbshare

I have to wonder if this guy knows he's actually lying.  Climate change denial is one of those few non-ambiguous issues on the table in any given election cycle.  He's clearly incorrect. The question is, does he know it?

I'd like to think anyone that has access to the internet and any type of adviser would know better by now.  This isn't 1988.  I could never vote for someone who is knowingly lying like that.  Please tell me this is just ignorance and I'd feel a bit better.

Archived