12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Frontogenesis/Baroclinic zone induced snows

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been snowing very steadily in my part of the city. Not heavy stuff, but still very few lulls.

Still snowing here too; big flakes but quite light. Definitely not 1cm/hr stuff. Maybe 0.5

My temperature is being really bizarre. Perhaps my thermometer is messed up. It's been jumping around between -3 and -1 for the last hour.

snowing fairly moderately for a bit now.  expecting 4-6" with this 2nd wave after 3" with the first one yesterday afternoon/last night.  If 6" does fall that will give me a depth of 44".  Hoping things trend a little better with wave 3 tho.

Cold is locked in (average high is 23, up a degree), and Superior is around 55% ice covered at this point.

Actually riding the line on this thing. Big fat flakes falling but rates are very poor. Looks like that transition before it starts snowing really heavy, but eternally like that... this is what happens when you are actually on the damn cusp!

Ottawa Blizzard you could really have some luck with Wave 2!

I've been thinking that too! It looks gorgeous out there right now. Dendrites falling from the sky quite heavily. Looks like a winter wonderland. :snowing:

Living in Toronto for snow is a joke now. Actual joke. Boston about to get walloped again and regions south of us saw a near historic blizzard and we're here cherishing 5cm, lol. These past few Winters have changed me. New England is the central hub of snowstorms and thats where I'll be heading in a few years.

DTW saw 100+cm more than us last winter, lol. The difference is overwhelming.

Living in Toronto for snow is a joke now. Actual joke. Boston about to get walloped again and regions south of us saw a near historic blizzard and we're here cherishing 5cm, lol. These past few Winters have changed me. New England is the central hub of snowstorms and thats where I'll be heading in a few years.

DTW saw 100+cm more than us last winter, lol. The difference is overwhelming.

Seriously? Only yesterday you called me out for saying something similar. Both February 2013 and 2014 saw huge storms, close to a foot in some areas of the GTA.

Archived