northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Southern Ontario Winter '14-'15 Discussion

harrisale

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you can safely go higher than that. I'd be shocked if the 12z euro didn't bump north at least a little bit, if not a significant amount.

Tempting but I think I'll stick. Technically I said 3" in the other thread which is a bit over 7cm so I'll go with that officially.

Just really don't like the look of that sharp N-S gradient. Dry air may eat into totals on the north end as well, although not as much as typically due to the strong moisture transport.

f72.gif

Except for one member, GEFs like the idea of bringing the 0.50" line north of Toronto. A couple have us toying with the 0.75" line. Seems a bit aggressive at this time but still must be considered.

10/12 members are at least 0.15" above the OP run. The other two are about the same.

More north ticks to come?

Just a gut feeling, but I'm thinking the 18z NAM comes back to the north a bit. Maybe not like the 6z run, but at least a little more lovin'.

Agreed. I think after 0z tonight we should watch the progression of the SFC low. Any deviation from what was modeled could mean a worlds difference here.

If it digs a bit more it will certainly help as well.

Edit: UKMET is a solid hit btw.

http://meteocentre.com/models/get_accum.php?lang=en&map=qc&run=12&mod=ukmet&hi=000&hf=120&type=PR&mode=latest&yyyy=latest&mm=latest&dd=latest

EC went with a warning along the north shore of Lk Erie and Hamilton (is it me, or do they hardly issue watches anymore?). I assume the SWS is going to be expanded north a row of counties, including Toronto.

I was just about to mention the bolded. Seems like EC just doesn't do watches anymore. If I remember correctly 07-08 was loaded with them.

EC went with a warning along the north shore of Lk Erie and Hamilton (is it me, or do they hardly issue watches anymore?). I assume the SWS is going to be expanded north a row of counties, including Toronto.

They moved away from winter storm watches like 3 years ago. Also this is the perfect setup for their new advisory system with they almost refuse to use. Another famous special wx statement probably incoming!

They moved away from winter storm watches like 3 years ago. Also this is the perfect setup for their new advisory system with they almost refuse to use. Another famous special wx statement probably incoming!

Is that an official move? Or is it just something you've noticed. In a way, I kind of see where they're coming from. A lot of people in the general public conflate a WS watch with a WS warning, so when a WS watch is dropped because conditions no longer appear favourable, John Q. Public cries "bust". And that's unfair. So I guess their asses are covered better this way.

Is that an official move? Or is it just something you've noticed. In a way, I kind of see where they're coming from. A lot of people in the general public conflate a WS watch with a WS warning, so when a WS watch is dropped because conditions no longer appear favourable, John Q. Public cries "bust". And that's unfair. So I guess their asses are covered better this way.

There hasn't been a widespread winter storm watch in SW ONT or GTA since April 2013. There have been several in eastern Ontario since. To be fair tho there hasnot been many winter storms out this end. The ones we had went straight to warnings

Archived