e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Southern Ontario Winter '14-'15 Discussion

harrisale

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just as all this hype is coming out, NAM backs off. I think I'm going to go with a prelim call slightly more moist than the EURO. Say 0.20-0.25" QPF, with SLRs in the 13-15:1 range. Good for 3-4" of wind driver powder.

I wouldn't mind 8-12cm especially in this Winter, lol. But it kinda makes you quench with all those amounts expected south of us as usual.

And just as all this hype is coming out, NAM backs off. I think I'm going to go with a prelim call slightly more moist than the EURO. Say 0.20-0.25" QPF, with SLRs in the 13-15:1 range. Good for 3-4" of wind driver powder.

Do you think the NAM backing off slightly form it's 6z run is just noise changes?

Separate from all the talk of amounts, can someone summarise expected onset and wrap up of travel affecting snow for KW to YYZ? Particularly what are expected conditions Monday morning (last check of EC had 2cm Sunday afternoon and flurries for Monday)

Thanks

Separate from all the talk of amounts, can someone summarise expected onset and wrap up of travel affecting snow for KW to YYZ? Particularly what are expected conditions Monday morning (last check of EC had 2cm Sunday afternoon and flurries for Monday)

Thanks

Another Waterloo member  :)  hello!

3-4" is more like 7-10cm. And less for you. And "quench"? lol, Snowstorms. I love your angle. You're an awesome troll.

Still some room for a shift N or S of the region. A 50 mile shift could mean the difference between an extra 2-5cm. And haha. I'm surprised your not some English scholar because you always notice these little moments I have.

Small world :)

Any thoughts on the timing and how long we will be in the accumulating snow part of the storm? 570(radio) now calling for 5-7 cm

Not the slightest clue. Only tabs I keep on winter wx is if it's going to snow and what everyone else is saying. Severe thunderstorms is my hobby

Atrocious.

Poor Windsorites have no clue how bad it's going to be. There needs to be a watch out. They don't even need a foot of snow for this to be bad. Winds will be brutal down there.

You'll find a lot of people in SW Ontario turn to the Detroit channels for weather information. If you get any stations from there you'll notice they have warning maps etc that cover Ont and will talk in great detail about storms affecting the border regions and areas impacted on the Canadian side

You'll find a lot of people in SW Ontario turn to the Detroit channels for weather information. If you get any stations from there you'll notice they have warning maps etc that cover Ont and will talk in great detail about storms affecting the border regions and areas impacted on the Canadian side

Thank God someone is going the job EC is supposed to be doing (but isn't).

I thought about this. Maybe. Seems like it was on the right track, the RGEM and GFS moved towards it, and then it cowered away. I'd be shocked if the 18z run moved south again. I think we're into slight swaying mode right now.

We've seen these small shifts in track within 6 hours of the event, so its nothing new obviously.

I'm going for 5-10cm atm.

Besides track, another big challenge here is the fact that the further north the LP area goes, the more that Omega is going to coincide with the DGZ. For example, the 12z GFS has 7.5" of snow on .37" of liquid (20:1 ratio) while the nam has 2.3" of snow on .21" of liquid (11:1 ratios). This factor will only heighten the snowfall gradient along the northern side of this system.

Archived