Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2014-15 Discussion

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has always looked like a Southern Plains/Ozarks event to me.

gfsp_asnow_us_27.png

Me too. It's what I call a 'classic' Oklahoma snowstorm. I'm trying to be as objective as possible though while the snow fanatic in me is freaking out. Haha. Euro ensembles+deterministic still holding with 2-4 inches at Fayetteville, AR. All members but 2 or 3 showing some snow with a good chunk showing what looked to be just into the 3 inch range. JoMo can correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little new using the Euro.

Wild man,

That's pretty awesome!!! I just pulled it up. All of NW AR gets hammered. The "old" GFS (or whatever we're calling it now) still isn't impressive at all.

I was reading in another sub forum that even though the Parallel is new it has performed better so far than the regular GFS. There wasn't any specific data to back it up though. Maybe someone else has some insight.

Wild man,

That's pretty awesome!!! I just pulled it up. All of NW AR gets hammered. The "old" GFS (or whatever we're calling it now) still isn't impressive at all.

I was reading in another sub forum that even though the Parallel is new it has performed better so far than the regular GFS. There wasn't any specific data to back it up though. Maybe someone else has some insight.

Yeah. Pretty crazy stuff there. I'm in the edge of the little purple glob by Fayetteville. I love it. My thoughts are geared more towards maybe a combo of having a better handle on the cold air mass now in place (deeper cold possibly?) And the increase in moisture return that was hinted last night. I could be totally wrong though. I know the temperature hasn't moved a bit here yet since 7 am and I was supposed to make it to around 39 today fwiw. Been stuck at 32.

Wow this cold has preformed as much as I wanted so far 11:47 ish last night the winds went from calm to 28 mph gusting to 40. Temp droped from 61 to 49 in one hour has been droping.. 36 right now.. maybe 39 40 today. The winds are still quite gusty! I wonder how fast this is going to moderate? Weekend is still in question as far I can tell.

That was a nice parallel run. I didn't look over the details but it appears colder (accumulation map shows no sleet or rain or freezing rain, and all snow) and appears as though the system wasn't as squashed. Canadian also had a bit more precip but was farther north into MO.

I think by the PGFS everybody wins. :-) Has temps 40-44 degrees below normal over the 'deep snow' in E OK and NWA next Tuesday. This is unreal.

That would be sweet. But cilmo says no way. And that makes me question all of this going on right now. Temps right now are so much below climo and its amazing in its own right.

12z Euro is coming in wetter for the weekend system. Surface temps will be close in AR and NE OK. 850 MB freezing temps will be close as well.

Do you get maps with QPF amounts?

Time of day may come into play some as well. We need the system to roll in around dark Saturday evening. Would make for some exciting football in Fayetteville when Arkansas plays LSU.

Do you get maps with QPF amounts?

Time of day may come into play some as well. We need the system to roll in around dark Saturday evening. Would make for some exciting football in Fayetteville when Arkansas plays LSU.

Yes I do, but it's really close down in your neck of the woods on temps, both at 850 and surface. Overall the 'snow' map (which is just the QPF at 32 degrees or below) is showing 2-5" generally, with the most being in extreme SE KS, SW MO, NE OK and NW AR. And yeah i think time of day will play a role, right now it's coming in on Saturday afternoon.

Ok looking at the 12z ensembles for the weekend system....

About 27 or so... have 2" or more of 'snowfall' (although some others have spots around 2") 

Control run has shifted north into central KS to NW MO as having the most, and another stripe across N Arkansas. 

Archived