• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall thread for the mountains

Met1985

Looking at the new Euro I really do not see any type of torch in the coming days. Looks pretty typical early December weather actually. There may be something brewing out in the 8-10 day period but other than that it looks like nice weather for the most part temp wise. I do think we will get into a moist pattern though.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is trying to cook something up around the 8th through the 10th this morning. Would be very interesting and one heck of a way to run a torch pattern most are worrying about. To me still looks mostly seasonable to below average once we hit the weekend though early next week. We are seeing some wild swings from the models though.

Nice map Dacula!  Euro ensemble showing a chance at a NWF event on the 9th or 10th.  Other than that it feels like fall around here and I can't say I am hating it.  Yesterday was nice outside and today/tomorrow should be even better.  Enjoy it guys!  Also the Euro has the west based NAO going negative around the 10th or so and if that verifies things could get interesting with costal development and backside snow showers.  Should be interesting to watch unfold if the Euro is correct.

A good sign I think. Don't trust the models past 5 days man.

Lol you dont have to tell me that man. Just mentioning that the ensembles might be on to something. They do support the deterministic though. Might be something to watch though. I guess everyone can look at them on weatherbell though.

yeah hopefully the cutoff can produce some flakes, I don't have good luck with those. At least it will provide a cool shot! Forecast temperatures continue the trend down.

Franklin they do continue to trend down. Really in my opinion is yeah we can get snow in December but our best climo for snow is January, February, and March. I really am not worried about December besides it would be nice to have flakes around Christmas.

Lol you dont have to tell me that man. Just mentioning that the ensembles might be on to something. They do support the deterministic though. Might be something to watch though. I guess everyone can look at them on weatherbell though.

Lol I know man. Everything is even kill around the mountain communities. When the pattern fully evolves we are going to get hammered. Like Webber said earlier that the subtropical jet picking up steam is very good for us. Also man that guy knows his stuff. Really impressed with his knowledge.

Haha yep!  I wonder how long snow showers will linger in the high mountains?  Looks like they start around noon Tuesday and continue into late Wednesday.  Gonna be a bitter few days in those spots!

Yeah this storm is going to be very fascinating to track along the whole East coast. The Euro is very interesting in keep the storm just spinning and spinning for days. We may have a few upslope snow surprises if things work out in our favor but one thing is for sure it is going to be cold for much of the week. Also I think the wind is going to be a pretty big deal also.

Yeah this storm is going to be very fascinating to track along the whole East coast. The Euro is very interesting in keep the storm just spinning and spinning for days. We may have a few upslope snow surprises if things work out in our favor but one thing is for sure it is going to be cold for much of the week. Also I think the wind is going to be a pretty big deal also.

We can only hope that this same type track unfolds sometime in January with a low on the SC/NC coast.  That would be incredible to watch/see.  BTW I bet you saw but Euro ensemble really feeling at least a few flakes making it to the airport Tuesday night/Wednesday with 50/50 members showing it.  Pretty decent support lol.  Also hinting at something at day 10 on the ensemble but of course wayyy to far out in the long range to take the threat serious atm.

GSP starting to think maybe advisory level snow it appears per their HWO and AFD. Also, they have my highs in the thirties Tues through Friday. Pretty chilly week ahead.

AVERY-MADISON-YANCEY-MITCHELL-SWAIN-HAYWOOD-BUNCOMBE-GRAHAM-

NORTHERN JACKSON-CALDWELL MOUNTAINS-BURKE MOUNTAINS-
MCDOWELL MOUNTAINS-

433 PM EST SUN DEC 7 2014

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR THE MOUNTAINS OF WESTERN
NORTH CAROLINA.

.DAY ONE...TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.

..MONDAY...NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.
..TUESDAY...SNOW POSSIBLE. SNOW SHOWERS WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE
NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. WE WILL BE
MONITORING CONDITIONS FOR POTENTIAL ACCUMULATION.
..WEDNESDAY...SNOW POSSIBLE. SNOW MAY LINGER WEDNESDAY MORNING
ACROSS THE MOUNTAINS OF WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA.

..THURSDAY...NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.
..FRIDAY...NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.
..SATURDAY...NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED A

Archived