• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Labor Day Weekend Heavy Rain/Severe Thread

IWXwx

so when will EC put out severe t-storm watches for areas from Grey-Bruce and Barrie to Parry-Sound and Greater Sudbury (maybe even Huron-Perth, Dufferin, and North Bay/Nipissing), based on the thunderstorms continuing attm in northern Lower Michigan? They Have them out for Manitoulin, Elliot Lake and Sault Ste Marie/Superior East attm. I am pretty sure even with Lake Huron and Georgian Bay there, those storms will make their way through customs in a fairly strong state.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so when will EC put out severe t-storm watches for areas from Grey-Bruce and Barrie to Parry-Sound and Greater Sudbury (maybe even Huron-Perth, Dufferin, and North Bay/Nipissing), based on the thunderstorms continuing attm in northern Lower Michigan? They Have them out for Manitoulin, Elliot Lake and Sault Ste Marie/Superior East attm. I am pretty sure even with Lake Huron and Georgian Bay there, those storms will make their way through customs in a fairly strong state.

Looks like they finally posted some in the last 30 minutes or so...

windsor just had a gust to 39 mph (70kph). london will be next.

KMTC (Mt. Clemens) also recorded a 39 MPH wind gusts.

The extensive stratus deck for a large portion of the day and lack of steeper lapse rates really prevented what could have been a more active day, severe-weather wise. 

Two tornadoes touch down, one just south of me and one to the east of my location. We got home from our camping trip down south around 2:15, one of the tornadic storms passed over i75 a couple minuets after we passed by Frederic/Waters area. APX has a good story about each touchdown. 

http://ow.ly/i/6K8zI/original

http://ow.ly/i/6K8B7/original

Archived