joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was wondering if the nice looking band just to the north of LAF is producing anything...and apparently it is, as GGP (Logansport) is now reporting light snow. Skies to the north of here look dark...almost like spring with t'storms. Boring old partly sunny here.

So close, so far away...

Well the HRRR model 'Lightning 2' hints that lightning is possible  :whistle:  but not likely :lol: ... ;) 

Nope, sorry.

Check that. As luck would have it, I just had a few guys stop in here where I work...and say they had silver dollar sized flakes when they left for LAF. They're from Oxford, in Benton county.

Well the HRRR model 'Lightning 2' hints that lightning is possible  :whistle:  but not likely :lol: ... ;)

Funny you say that...as I think I'm one of only three people on here that hasn't had TSSN this winter. :(

Well, looks like a 7-10 split for here, looking at radar. Band to the north will stay there...and stuff developing in central IL looks to miss south. Our luck has run out. :lol:

Check that. As luck would have it, I just had a few guys stop in here where I work...and say they had silver dollar sized flakes when they left for LAF. They're from Oxford, in Benton county.

Ah that's good to know, thanks for the follow-up. We were thinking with 30+ dBZ it had to be producing. Slightly lighter returns near Paxton in southern Ford County IL were producing nothing according to one of our Facebook fans.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ah that's good to know, thanks for the follow-up. We were thinking with 30+ dBZ it had to be producing. Slightly lighter returns near Paxton in southern Ford County IL were producing nothing according to one of our Facebook fans.

Sent from my SCH-I535

No problem. I knew those guys were from Oxford, so I had to ask them about it. And sure enough... 

It's started to precipitate here, but just plain old rain. Yuck.

Better yet, 33 and rain. That's the LAF we all love.........to hate.  :axe:

METAR KLAF 222354Z 33003KT 10SM -RA OVC044 01/M01 A3003 RMK AO2 UPB38E43RAB43 SLP174 P0000 60000 T00061011 10056 20006 53008

Logansport over to rain now, after starting as snow. FWA over to -ZR. Champaign temp rising as it continues to rain there. Well that all doesn't bode well for any snow prospects here. Time to punt.

A great phenomenal winter, but LAF limping to the finish line. Long overdue I suppose...    

Started as snow here around 5ish, then transitioned to a mix, now just rain. Predicted to go over to snow after 8 PM, but it might be too late for any good accumulations. A too cold predicted temp this winter? Unheard of.

It's a strange one. My temp has gone up since the rain started. Low levels be scorching. I think we have a good chance here, of not seeing a single flake of snow. :lol:  :(

It's a strange one. My temp has gone up since the rain started. Low levels be scorching. I think we have a good chance here, of not seeing a single flake of snow. :lol:  :(

Snow is starting to mix back in here, so there's still hope. FWA only needs a tenth of an inch of snow to reach that magical 60" mark and you've got a 3" lead on me. This might be my chance to gain some ground.

Snow is starting to mix back in here, so there's still hope. FWA only needs a tenth of an inch of snow to reach that magical 60" mark and you've got a 3" lead on me. This might be my chance to gain some ground.

Good to hear. And yeah, we aren't see any snow with this one...so time for you to make up some ground. :D 

This one does suck though, as I thought we had a shot at 2"...which would have got us to 20" for the month. Not meant to be though.

lol was looking at obs on COD and saw that LAF had a temp of 31 with a dewpoint of 32.  I think the dewpoint gets reported as 32 when there's no dewpoint ob.

LAF always high-balling dews.

Looks like dewpoint readings bit the dust at 9:51 tonight. Always something with that sensor...

Archived