• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/18 Storm Obs...Can PHL move into #3 all time?

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It continues to amaze me the way the strip from near Philly northeast to Monmouth continues to get jack-potted again and again.  Meanwhile northwestern areas which were thought to be favored in this latest storm have been ripped off.  Again.

If I ever get back to NJ, I will use my super weather powers to repel all snow from the PHL-Monmouth corridor, sending it anywhere else.  :lol:

lol....Ray, I thought you liked snow! You're in that corridor, remember?

Although, I'm sure we can handle any surplus not needed there.

lol....Ray, I thought you liked snow! You're in that corridor, remember?

Although, I'm sure we can handle any surplus not needed there.

Well I'm not usually, my family would be, except their not.  They usually are in that band to the NW that gets ripped off, somehow western Mercer doesn't like snow.  Too many times in the last 10 years (basically, since I moved away, hmmm) the gradient has been to the southeast or east.  Maybe my super weather god powers are having an effect after all :lmao:

Total new snow in Concord Township is 2.4" (got pics if necessary, lol). Currently 28F and cloudy.

Been outside shoveling since about 5:30, enjoying the last part of it.

Considering the roller coaster ride yesterday and going to bed with reduced expectations of 1" accumulation given the radar, obs, and models, I have to say I am pleased with this event. Sort of an over-performer after all! Nice way to wind up this amazing stretch since Jan. 21st as we go into a melting period for a few days.

Well I'm not usually, my family would be, except their not.  They usually are in that band to the NW that gets ripped off, somehow western Mercer doesn't like snow.  Too many times in the last 10 years (basically, since I moved away, hmmm) the gradient has been to the southeast or east.  Maybe my super weather god powers are having an effect after all :lmao:

Ah, okay then, feel fee, lol. I was going to ask you a while back (early January or so) what we can do to get some blocking going in the north Atlantic, but we've done amazingly well snow wise pretty much without it.

Finished with 2.9 in mount airy

That underachieving last storm only needed an inch to make driving in PHL almost impossible and I was sliding even on Broad St. I guess I will tell them they have to wait until it gets above freezing. I can see buses sliding past their stops lol.

PHL is one significant snowfall away from breaking 95-96.

That underachieving last storm only needed an inch to make driving in PHL almost impossible and I was sliding even on Broad St. I guess I will tell them they have to wait until it gets above freezing. I can see buses sliding past their stops lol.

PHL is one significant snowfall away from breaking 95-96.

what r we now? About 4" away?

Archived