Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
00Z models 12/18/10

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone was posting liquid output for the euro in the philly thread that had .5 for DC and .25-.5 for NYC and Philly...not sure where they got that, the numerical output though I have for DC is about .17 total and Philly and NYC about the same... it cuts off at 180 hrs but the event should be about over by then.

hmm i saw the same thing, but 6 days out im not worried about QPF that will change a few times by then :)

someone was posting liquid output for the euro in the philly thread that had .5 for DC and .25-.5 for NYC and Philly...not sure where they got that, the numerical output though I have for DC is about .17 total and Philly and NYC about the same... it cuts off at 180 hrs but the event should be about over by then.

my maps show dc .5, phl .25, nyc .25

hmm i saw the same thing, but 6 days out im not worried about QPF that will change a few times by then :)

I removed my post because when I checked the data it appears its old, never updated. The site seems slow tonight. either way just from the ewall graphics...I will take my chances with that h5 vort track and slp track and run with it. Might not be the blizzard of the GFS but its a white christmas for dc.

Not a bad system at all and that would be really cool if it brought snow Christmas Eve into Christmas Day. That would be really nice. The upper air looks way better for this to develop into a nice storm based on this run as shown below..

lol i told my wife i dont want nothing for christmass but this storm lol, it does lkook nice for mid atl, but alot can change in 5.5 days as we saw with the current ots system

I removed my post because when I checked the data it appears its old, never updated. The site seems slow tonight. either way just from the ewall graphics...I will take my chances with that h5 vort track and slp track and run with it. Might not be the blizzard of the GFS but its a white christmas for dc.

oh wow, i better check mine too lol i saw the same data, oh well lol

Guest someguy

At 186 hours the phase occurs and the surface low deepens to 988 over the 40/70. Not too shabby to see some sort of agreement at this range. The height field isn't far off from the GFS, it just phases slightly later. That's about all we can say right now given the fragility of the pattern. I'm sure we will all be watching the next few days.

yeah but it is big difference wrt sensible weather... the euro is Midwest clipper that doesnt do much for anyone until its off the coast.

Its a Nice little xmas event

the 0z gfs is a KU event from DCA to BOS

yeah but it is big difference wrt sensible weather... the euro is Midwest clipper that doesnt do much for anyone until its off the coast.

While you are right about the sensible weather aspect it is not a clipper it actually originates in the Pacific and emerges from the Rockies into Colorado.

Guest someguy

It is the model that JI sleeps with every night, that should tell you all you need to know about it.

well that and the JMA

apparently JI a has a thing for pretty hot looking Koreans and Japanese Models

How is that possible i thought a clipper originates in Alberta, this comes from the pacific?.

Sure..that's a result of the slightly later phase which creates big sensible weather changes. The Euro is actually really amplified with the shortwave as it crosses the country earlier in the week, builds up the ridge on the west coast in a big fashion, and is also phasing in the PV. All good things to see at +174 hrs. I think that's really all we can say right now. Plenty can and will change until this gets into a more forecast-able range.

How is that possible i thought a clipper originates in Alberta, this comes from the pacific?.

Alberta clippers do, there are also Saskatchawan Screamers and Manitoba Maulers and they are considered clippers also but your point is valid this is NOT a clipper. Dave's point about sensible weather is also true.

Alberta clippers do, there are also Saskatchawan Screamers and Manitoba Maulers and they are considered clippers also but your point is valid this is NOT a clipper. Dave's point about sensible weather is also true.

You learn something new every day, i thought they all started in Alberta. I juts hate the word clipper here, because we rarely get more than 1 or 2 inches with them. Thanks for the info.

Archived