Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Waiting for decision

WeatherFox

• 3 weeks later...

Watch for this afternoon, to be upgraded to warning at 12hours is more reasonable, but with the models trending in agreement  with higher totals, it looks like we should meet the 24hr warning criteria. 

Either way, it's more of an impact for Friday morning so I see no need to jump to the warning this early on.

Warning criteria is 6" in 12 hrs and 8" in 24 hrs N and W of Philly.

Farther out N and W, sure.  But the immediate 1/2 counties N and W of Philly, and including Philly are 4" in 12 hours and 6" at 24 hours.  Or at least used to be.

At any rate, the Watch was issued which seems to make more sense at this point.

Do you guys have anything riding on whether it's an advisory, watch, or warning? I'm thinking of a job where maybe you go on standby or get called in in that event, etc.  I imagine PennDOT, for example, would be plugged into the forecast and make their decisions based on all the info they can gather, as opposed to something being triggered by an advisory or watch/warning going up. I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Do you guys have anything riding on whether it's an advisory, watch, or warning? I'm thinking of a job where maybe you go on standby or get called in in that event, etc.  I imagine PennDOT, for example, would be plugged into the forecast and make their decisions based on all the info they can gather, as opposed to something being triggered by an advisory or watch/warning going up. I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

I don't snow plow anymore, but when we had the contract, it would be "Advisory, be prepared to get called in", "Watch, you WILL be called in", "Warning, get your equipment ready and get some sleep".  

It was the easiest way of giving everyone a heads up as to whether or not they would get called in or what exactly to do as far as equipment was concerned, without being personally notified.  In reality, everyone paid more attention to snow amounts or ice over the warning criteria.

I don't snow plow anymore, but when we had the contract, it would be "Advisory, be prepared to get called in", "Watch, you WILL be called in", "Warning, get your equipment ready and get some sleep".  

It was the easiest way of giving everyone a heads up as to whether or not they would get called in or what exactly to do as far as equipment was concerned, without being personally notified.  In reality, everyone paid more attention to snow amounts or ice over the warning criteria.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived