joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12Z models 12/18/10

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest someguy

imo what the euro and GGM are saying is that the western us ridge is too far east ...

sure the S/Ws do phase and amplify on this run but the euro says the phase occurs well EAST of the Mississipp river

this means the sc LOW is too far east and runs " out bounds " when it tries to make a NE or N turn

Guest someguy

Can somebody do qpf numbers for impacted cities when they are available. Thanks!

according to the images NOTHING more of RIC

personally I remain VERY skepitcal that this s/w is going to DIG this far south...

I think it wil NOT close off and Bomb out as the 12z GFS is showing BUT a track thru say central or northern VA seems far more likely to me

which would be a Miss for RIC and ORF .... and more snow for DCA BWI PHL s NJ

according to the images NOTHING more of RIC

personally I remain VERY skepitcal that this s/w is going to DIG this far south...

I think it wil NOT close off and Bomb out as the 12z GFS is showing BUT a track thru say central or northern VA seems far more likely to me

which would be a Miss for RIC and ORF .... and more snow for DCA BWI PHL s NJ

which would mean rain for ric then correct

Guest someguy

for laughs only, a few 12z gfs numbers from bufkit through 7pm xmas day:

IAD 24.4

DCA 33

RIC 22.3

BWI 23.1

arwe those temps? inches ? mm? what

With the different set up for this system I like to see the euro and ggem a little bit south right now. Of course I would rather the euro showing a huge hit and the GFS be the one slightly south but still the common error of models in general from a week out is to be too far south with troughs and h5 features over CONUS. That is why I was trying to explain that some were confusing the "north" trend we usually get with a "west" trend, which is a lot less common. It somethings seems like a west trend simply because the coast curves eastward as it heads north and thus a north trend also brings snow further inland as you head up the coast. In this last event the h5 trough did trend north and that is part of the reason the phasing didn't occur and the southern feature just slides OTS. We actually needed the trough to trend west and the h5 to dig more....we were rooting for the opposite trends of what usually happen in some ways. This time having some models showing the h5 energy going south is a good thing as odds are it will trend north over time. I am infinitely more optomistic about the potential with this system then the last.

Archived