joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium/Long Range thread

HM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the threat of rainshowers/storms each day...as long as it's warm to go along with it. What I don't care for is endless cool, overcast days and drizzle. As long as we can top 80 degrees each day with intermitttant sun breaks, I'm ok with all of this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

eteqevu9.jpg

Get used to this pattern the next 2-3 weeks. The chances of any more heat waves diminishing daily.

And here are the Euro Ensembles. Split flow, mean trough in the east, no signs of letting up, or a resurgence of the WAR.

My only question is how much of an influence does the MJO have in the H5 synoptic pattern over our lattitudes and higher?

y5ypeny4.jpg

vezu6e8y.jpg

eteqevu9.jpg

Get used to this pattern the next 2-3 weeks. The chances of any more heat waves diminishing daily.

And here are the Euro Ensembles. Split flow, mean trough in the east, no signs of letting up, or a resurgence of the WAR.

My only question is how much of an influence does the MJO have in the H5 synoptic pattern over our lattitudes and higher?

y5ypeny4.jpg

vezu6e8y.jpg

Through at least Mid-Aug we should be heat wave free. I would think the heat tries to come east at some point late Aug/early September.  ECMWF MJO into phase 2 for mid-Aug= cool. CFS weeklies are cool through mid Aug. 

Through at least Mid-Aug we should be heat wave free. I would think the heat tries to come east at some point late Aug/early September.  ECMWF MJO into phase 2 for mid-Aug= cool. CFS weeklies are cool through mid Aug. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a 90+ stretch in late August. The long range GFS is trying to nudge the trough out in very late stages of the model run. I can see Labor Day weekend being warmer than what we're getting now/tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a little out of the loop lately but early September holds some potential for interesting weather. Similar to last year, the tropical forcing could favor a period of about a week or so where we get the trough to our west with an assertive Bermuda High. Last year, this led to 3 rounds of memorable severe weather (Kent, Camden counties and Queens all had tornadoes) with 1 giant NE episode to end the warmth (mid September turned cooler). Finally, tropical probabilities have increased for genesis near/off the SE coast into the western Atlantic during this time as well. Last year, the "MJO" progressed quickly and brought a round of pretty unfavorable forcing by the second week of September. That may not be the case this year; although, it is still very early.

In a thank-you Captain Obvious mode as we are heading toward the climatological peak of the tropical weather season, all the models have the MJO entering a favorable phase for tropical development on our side of the hemisphere. I must admit I havent been checking if these non-COD outlooks have verified earlier this summer.

2u2yneva.jpg

Euro ensembles starting to agree with the OP

With a mean trough working its way into the eastern conus by early/mid next week. Gfs still wants to torch us. Good model battle going on.

hypypygu.jpg

Anyone know if the MJO would support the gfs or euro forecast ?

gfs is starting to come in line with the euro in regards to its 6z forecast of losing the heat and going to a wetter look.

Good its starting to get a little dry around here.

What does the weather look like for next week?  Family vacation time and hoping its not like last year :raining:

• 4 weeks later...

yea, it shows it this sunday. The euro ens mean isn't all that excited.Looks like about 10-14 of the individual members show something affecting the region other then the shore.

Very poor qpf verification for the Euro off the FL coast this morning; but we have seen course corrections before and I suppose its still more about the block than what's going on right now.

After this warm week coming up, looks like a strong cold front that may pull some gulf moisture with it next weekend with some good rains. After that, the euro and gfs have been showing the possibility of widespread frost for the area later on the following week

And then after that, looks like a return of the Indian summer. Exciting stuff........

PAC jet gets raging and really pumps up the WAR/SE ridge. 582-588dm heights for a good amount of time. Something the gfs has been showing in the long range.

The 0z euro delays the post fropa warm

Up due to the fact that it drops a piece of energy into the base of the trough and slows it down. Either way, it's pumping a 588-592dm ridge over the Atlantic. How far west it extends is a battle between the gfs and euro now.

Something of note, the 6z gfs has a drop coming through around 170hours. As it hits the coast (offshore), it stalls as it hits the ridge and dumps some decent rain along the boundary.i know it's out there in time, but if the ridge extends west, and that fropa stalls closer to land, could be a prolific rain maker. Food for thought.

with the way how that ridging is taking shape on the west coast i would imagine that trof in the center of the country starts kicking east, for the last half of october. First half definitely seems above normal

Have to see how strong that WAR flexes it's muscle. Could be a delayed, but not denied solution as far as the trough goes.

with the way how that ridging is taking shape on the west coast i would imagine that trof in the center of the country starts kicking east, for the last half of october. First half definitely seems above normal

Have to see how strong that WAR flexes it's muscle. Could be a delayed, but not denied solution as far as the trough goes.

The op euro keeps us under some pretty strong ridging for most of it's medium-long range. Let the Indian summer continue:

nahu9e6e.jpg

The ensembles agree, and I'd have to agree with how the pacific is acting.

yre4a8us.jpg

Archived