• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
3/16-3/17 Stuff Falling OBS Thread (not including Elko)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to wind up being one of the bigger events this year at home from an accumulations standpoint it appears.  If it had stayed snow, I think we wouldn't have had this much, but with the 0.5" of sleet coating everything and now it back to all snow, my grass blades are nearly no longer visible.

Sitting at 1.0" now of sleet/snow with moderate (bordering on heavy) snow. 

Easy 3 in the highest elevations.....a bit less around 1500ft. Accidents everywhere including interstates. My skiers had one of their best days of the year at JF.

Of topic slightly, but how long do you envision JF staying open this season?  ....especially given the potential for relatively decent weather (for skiing, that is) through the end of March?  Based on past experience, all of the Poconos resorts tend to call it quits no later than the first weekend in April no matter how much base they have left and no matter what weather might be in the forecast.  In recent years, that has been a necessity due to warm spring weather, but there have been plenty of seasons (well, occasional seasons) where the available base and the weather would have allowed them to keep chugging into mid-April if they so desired.      

Archived