Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBSERVATIONS ONLY : "The Storm They Couldn't Punt" 2/8-2/9

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to sleet here. The critical line must be wavering right over top of me.

There's a cold tongue of air which seems to have moved south over NYC metro.  Perhaps coming south out of the Hudson Valley.  This seems to have pushed the rain/snow line into a more east/west orientation rather than the expected northeast/southwest one... which is why its raining in Reading and Gilbertsville but snowing in NYC.

There's a cold tongue of air which seems to have moved south over NYC metro. Perhaps coming south out of the Hudson Valley. This seems to have pushed the rain/snow line into a more east/west orientation rather than the expected northeast/southwest one... which is why its raining in Reading and Gilbertsville but snowing in NYC.

Cad?

dryslot ;)

fbz41y.gif

IDK if anyone has really noticed but precip seems to have great difficulty getting much further NW.  I know I've seen posts about the surface low being more west but the precip shield, at least so far, doesn't show any corresponding westward shift that I can see.  Maybe it will later.

IDK if anyone has really noticed but precip seems to have great difficulty getting much further NW.  I know I've seen posts about the surface low being more west but the precip shield, at least so far, doesn't show any corresponding westward shift that I can see.  Maybe it will later.

I've noticed it as well. Go figure right at ABE's doorstep lol.

Archived