CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Friday February 8th Storm Potential

Edge Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm.... Friday is the next storm, that was my point.....

But you quoted my post which was responding to the next one after that. 

You guys should read JB. He thinks its a very close call on Frdays storm And the one behind it should be colder -interesting to say the least,

Rossi

But you quoted my post which was responding to the next one after that.

You guys should read JB. He thinks its a very close call on Frdays storm And the one behind it should be colder -interesting to say the least,

Rossi

Hes discussing 2 storms. (ie the first part that you forgot to bold)"The next storm" without context in a thread for the friday storm isnt very clear. Carry on.....no big deal.

No one seems to have an idea about mid-late feb & early march...Usually forecasters have "somewhat" of an idea, but it seems like this period is up in the air. 18z is interesting for the day 8 storm. It dives the PV ahead of the storm, it stalls the front and develops a 2nd low...how east the front gets? We'll see. 

No one seems to have an idea about mid-late feb & early march...Usually forecasters have "somewhat" of an idea, but it seems like this period is up in the air. 18z is interesting for the day 8 storm. It dives the PV ahead of the storm, it stalls the front and develops a 2nd low...how east the front gets? We'll see. 

Probly won't play out anywhere close to that but i thought the setup trended more interesting but it's light years away, it really is

A) Posting the UKMET is useless. This model has lost all credibility this winter.

B) For the I-95, having a SLP over OH is almost never a good thing.

Interesting.  It absolutely nailed several of the storms this year, better than any other model hands down.   It is ranked second right now only behind the ECMWF.  And I can verify that it nailed several storm better this winter than any other model.  It will not get every one right, but the only reason people hate this model is because it has terrible 24 hr time steps without precip out past 72 hrs.  

post-1914-0-46317500-1359954334_thumb.pn

Interesting. It absolutely nailed several of the storms this year, better than any other model hands down. It is ranked second right now only behind the ECMWF. And I can verify that it nailed several storm better this winter than any other model. It will not get every one right, but the only reason people hate this model is because it has terrible 24 hr time steps without precip out past 72 hrs.

Who ranks these models?

Quoting 500 mb anomaly statistics is not going to stop me from trashing your UKMET post. Just because it might be 2nd to the Euro, which has also been doing miserably this winter, does not mean that it's getting the surface correct. It has been absolutely terrible at the surface; every time people are grasping for straws, they post the UKMET. It's notorious for overdeveloping east coast storms.

Interesting.  It absolutely nailed several of the storms this year, better than any other model hands down.   It is ranked second right now only behind the ECMWF.  And I can verify that it nailed several storm better this winter than any other model.  It will not get every one right, but the only reason people hate this model is because it has terrible 24 hr time steps without precip out past 72 hrs.  

Archived