• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29-31 Wintry Weather

wisconsinwx

Today was the epitome of the term mood flakes here in Northeast IN. A perfect day for people who just like to see it snow. I would estimate that it was snowing about 65% of the day and is continuing into the evening. However, to people who like snow cover (Josh), it sucked. I began the day with a half an inch and ended with the same. I can't remember it snowing for such an extended period of time and gaining no depth.

Must have been 8-10SM stuff. Especially with wind I've seen that type of snow seemingly evaporate.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must have been 8-10SM stuff. Especially with wind I've seen that type of snow seemingly evaporate.

Yep, the wind was brutal. Driving between Huntington and FWA I saw numerous 'snow devils' in the fields. It actually may have been snowing 75% of the day, but I being conservative. 

It accumulated here today, slightly, in heavier bursts. But after they were gone...it essentially evaporated. Of course the heavier bursts weren't sustained enough to really get anything going. Little water content to this fluff. Still nice to see, paints a wintry landscape.

Freak unexpected snow squall in progress here. Heavy snow with large flakes. Went from nothing to blizzard-like conditions in no time at all.

Sounds like river effect.

Picked up .75" or so today.  I was taking a nap and went to take a leak and was like damn, it's actually white.

I think tomorrow eve/night with that h5 vort moving through N. AK, we will get a surprise snow.

Looking at the radar from last night, I think you're exactly right. The wind was perfectly aligned down a stretch of the river from Quincy all the way down to northern Calhoun county, and there was a long, very thin band that moved down from that area. The clouds that produced it were based no more than about 500'-800' off the ground.

Archived