• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Possible Snow Threats and Upcoming Cold Spell

Snow_Miser

18z GFS hits the southern Appalachians, Virginia and the DelMarva pretty good on Thursday night. It even sneaks some light precipitation into southern NJ on Thursday night

Pretty large shift NW with the precipitation shield on the 18z GFS. Not sure what 00z would show considering 18z jumped that far NW with the precipitation shield.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see more than light rain for the Tuesday or Wednesday threat

There's definitely potential for some frozen precip, though where is questionable.  Like I said, right now I wouldn't get excited for any more than a coating.  If you get more, feel lucky.  If you get less, don't be upset.

not sure, i only looked at 850s. Here is the 850 map at hrs 66 and 72

2013011400.f060.850.p06inonetmpchghtnone

[img=http://weather.uwyo.edu/models/fcst/images/2013011400.f072.850.p06inonetmpchghtnone.uslcc.ukmet.gif]

Ukie is also much wetter. Through hour 60, .25"-.50" for NYC with .50"+ south of Sandy Hook.

Event is over by hour 63-66. So those hour 72 maps are well after event is over.

Ukie is also much wetter. Through hour 60, .25"-.50" for NYC with .50"+ south of Sandy Hook.

Event is over by hour 63-66. So those hour 72 maps are well after event is over.

ok, but i was saying it doesn't look colder than the gfs, looks the same. At least from the 12 hr increments they match up pretty well.

Archived