• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend FAIL Discussion (1/12-1/13)

Parsley

A year ago today (Jan. 7th) temperatures rose into the mid-60s across a good chunk of our area. The models for the upcoming weekend show a potential for something similar. 850s climbing above 10 Celcius and a frontal passsage that doesn't appear to come through til the start of the next week.

As noted in the NWS discussion this morning, low clouds/fog to start the weekend days could hamper any excessive torch. Something that will have to be monitored as the weekend nears.

Here is the 12z GFS depiction for Sunday afternoon.....

post-232-0-40056800-1357587605_thumb.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A year ago today (Jan. 7th) temperatures rose into the mid-60s across a good chunk of our area. The models for the upcoming weekend show a potential for something similar. 850s climbing above 10 Celcius and a frontal passsage that doesn't appear to come through til the start of the next week.

As noted in the NWS discussion this morning, low clouds/fog to start the weekend days could hamper any excessive torch. Something that will have to be monitored as the weekend nears.

Here is the 12z GFS depiction for Sunday afternoon.....

I like it, doing what we do with snow events. Start a thread and the thing completely falls apart.

I guess it's not "cool" to talk warmth in January..... :)

Warm up still on pace for the weekend...GFS showings 60s on Sunday ahead of the front,  overnight lows Sunday night in the 50s. Saturday well into the 50s, with the 12z Nam creeping 60s into SE PA and Jersey.

I guess it's not "cool" to talk warmth in January..... :)

Warm up still on pace for the weekend...GFS showings 60s on Sunday ahead of the front,  overnight lows Sunday night in the 50s. Saturday well into the 50s, with the 12z Nam creeping 60s into SE PA and Jersey.

no its not.

thread has been locked.

I'll go over across the board.  70 at PHL!  Then, we can get back to (or actually start) cross-country skiing on the Perkiomen Trail next weekend.  Love the new avatar, Parsley.

Thanks, I'm "thinking spring" already with all this mild weather. With that said, I do want cold/snow later in the month.

Amazing "potential" temps. forecasted ahead of the front Sunday, especially to our south and west. Well into the 60s across western NY and PA with lower 70s not too far to our south from BWI to DC. That's 25-35 degree above the norms. That'd be like highs in the single digits and teens on the flipside.

Archived