joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SW/Central/SE VA Winter 2012-13 Thread

MidlothianWX

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWS upped my area to 5-9" by click forecast but still no WSW.  Is there just a time where it makes no sense to upgrade it.  Plus, it may answer my question about splitting the counties for winter events, east end of Henrico versus west end, same for Chesterfield.

Far north western Goochland 10 to 12" based on models.. would probably expand it to a more general 8 to 12 for that area.    The South Eastern portion of the county closer to richmond.    5 to 8 inches?       Favoring around 6.....      

Where I live just south east of the airport.    2" max.  O-o; 

... This... might work out???/   Maybe not exactly, but what? O_o;

After an hour.. still only covered the ground.  Lots of melting underneath.     Rates need to stay high or it melts.  :P

Huge congrats to you guys to my north. Im actually feeling very confident we SEE something down here in SEVA. Latest HRRR is awesome! Temp 38 Dew 35 currently chesapeake/vb line.

Yes, the trends on the RAP and HRWW are quite encouraging for at least getting a coating down here. Precip is now finally beginning to pivot south east

NWS upped my area to 5-9" by click forecast but still no WSW.  Is there just a time where it makes no sense to upgrade it.  Plus, it may answer my question about splitting the counties for winter events, east end of Henrico versus west end, same for Chesterfield.

It's been discussed, trust me. This may be the storm to push it over the top. As with everything, it's not an overnight process.

It's been discussed, trust me. This may be the storm to push it over the top. As with everything, it's not an overnight process.

Very interesting suggestion for splitting the county for warning.  Especially in early and late season marginal events like this where elevation plays a huge role in amounts.

Based on the HRRR, when should we expect to see a pickup in the action?

Don't get me wrong, my expectations have been thoroughly exceeded already but I'll always take more...

Well the radar went to crap in a hurry there lol. I think that may be it for the heavy stuff.

HRRR sort of hinted at this lull and had the yellows blowing up a little + swinging down around 1-2 pm. Not sure if it's right but it would be a nice finale. RAP still gives the area an extra 0.5" of qpf before everything shuts off.

Archived