• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
SW/Central/SE VA Winter 2012-13 Thread

MidlothianWX

the Friday storm is really all about precip fields....not going to be a big deal outside of SWVA, but someone will see 2-3 inches Central/SE VA

Extreme SWVA at that. It's not looking like more than a 3-5 event in Blacksburg. We're going to get downsloped pretty hard as always

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not holding out much hope for tomorrow being significant but did anybody see the big dog potential on the 12z Euro Day 9-10. A slow moving, suppressed system meeting up with fresh cold, this could be the one. Of course this thing tomorrow looked like it could be the one a week ago as well but hope springs eternal.

I think we are in a decent spot here in HR for this system. You never know how this thing will react once it hits the coast. I can see us verifying on the higher end of 1-3 if the ocean cooperates and enhances the precipitation for us

Well, AKQ's Advisory did say that SE Va would see the highest totals out of this...so..

Really quite surprised by WVEC's forecast. But it's Jeff Lawson. He's usually more conservative for winter storms than Don Slater, which is pretty sad.

Forgot to mention earlier that the posted pic was Jeremys call. Hes been pretty good lately. This is Dons call tonight

post-209-0-24459900-1359084237_thumb.png

I am in Covington, KY UNDER A WINTER Weather ADVISORY myself with 1-3 inches expected tomorrow. In the teens here atm. I am hoping you guys back home win big time! Here's to 3-5 inches for you all!

You go son. I like that 3 to 5 predict for our area. The NAM does us well. I know from experiance that the Norfolk area is usually the great snow line cut off in these kinds of events. Cold high to the north and moisture moving up and over it. I like to call the Hampton Roads area , The gate way to winter storms, as further south it takes a massive cold air mass to produce regular moderate to heavy snows. There is a whole state of sounds in eastern North Carolina to "rain" up most potential snows down there. Norfolk can count on measurable snow 90% of the time in each winter, where further south its much more likely that you will have snowless winters.

You go son. I like that 3 to 5 predict for our area. The NAM does us well. I know from experiance that the Norfolk area is usually the great snow line cut off in these kinds of events. Cold high to the north and moisture moving up and over it. I like to call the Hampton Roads area , The gate way to winter storms, as further south it takes a massive cold air mass to produce regular moderate to heavy snows. There is a whole state of sounds in eastern North Carolina to "rain" up most potential snows down there. Norfolk can count on measurable snow 90% of the time in each winter, where further south its much more likely that you will have snowless winters.

Yes sir! I bet a surprise may be in store for tomorrow!

Archived