• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Why Won't The High Pressure System Over The Mid West Move?

This is not the climate change forum.

I'm pretty sure no one mentioned that in here so far. I have to note that this forum seems to be very touchy about any climate change material making out of that compartmentalized little forum.

To the OP's question, part of it has to do with the drought feedback mechanism. Low spring-time soil moisture meant that more insolation was pumped into sensible heat rather than latent heat via evaporation. This causes a warming of the column and tends to pump heights aloft. This increase in heights leads to an increased tendency for subsidence aloft which tends to squash or divert beneficial rain away from a large dry region, which exacerbates the problem and leads to even more sensible heating. An increase in sensible heating leads back to the beginning of the vicious cycle I just listed.

I'm pretty sure no one mentioned that in here so far. I have to note that this forum seems to be very touchy about any climate change material making out of that compartmentalized little forum.

You can't see the posts I deleted this morning. And yes, we are quite sensitive to climate change material on the main forum, because the conversations never end well.

This is not the climate change forum.

Because this issue is climate change related, this isn't "weather" as statistics argue against this. I did nothing wrong here. They asked a simple question and I responded in kind. I also provided examples for the assertion that I made. This phenomenon will become more semipermanent just like the recent episodes of the arctic dipole.

Because this issue is climate change related, this isn't "weather" as statistics argue against this. I did nothing wrong here. They asked a simple question and I responded in kind.

No, it isn't. And if it was, we'd move this thread to the climate change forum. And you weren't punished, so I'm not sure why you are getting defensive. You can continue this through PM if you wish.

Whether the Bible is divinely inspired or just legends of people living at the edge of the desert on the Mediterranean, droughts approaching seven years long occured.

Then there was the Dust Bowl.

But csnavywx's explanation of a positive feed back cycle explains a lot, and there is a reason why people look at not just analog years, but longer term indices, to make medium range forecasts.

You can't see the posts I deleted this morning. And yes, we are quite sensitive to climate change material on the main forum, because the conversations never end well.

Ah, apologies then.

I might add that the CC forum suffers as a result of this compartmentalization. Ultimately, separating these two subjects in the future will likely become increasingly difficult.

There is no signifigant surface high over the midwest.

The seasonal upper level heat ridge in the west is displaced further east than normal this year. It forms over the Rockies during summer when elevated heating expands the upper troposphere.

Archived