• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
6z model thread

FWIW the 6z NAM and 6z GFS were in remarkable agreement and completely at odds with the 00z Euro regarding the phasing of the MT s/w and NM s/w. Both are a hair away from a good I-95 hit, the NAM probably would be if you extrap it

The NAM is probably a miss I think but not by much...thats about the most consistent back to back runs of a GFS you can expect from 00Z-06Z the way its been going with all the modeling so far....the GFS is as close as a miss you can get for parts of coastal NJ/NYC/LI.

Here is how much snow the 6z GFS expects to fall based on a 10:1 ratio.

dec15.jpg

BTW what are you guys thinking in terms of ratio?

This would probably be 12-15:1 for most coastal locations in the NE/SNE and also BWI/PHL/DC...coastal NJ/and the MA maybe 10-12:1....inland parts of NJ/SNY/SNE IF they got hit 15-18:1....IF...IF...IF...

Theres a slight improvement in 6z nam vs 0z, I felt this warranted a 6z model thread. Although unlikely,this may be a glimmer of hope for a good trend.

0z

nam_700_084l.gif

6z

nam_700_078l.gif

Not an expert by any means but this doesn't look like an improvement to me.

Just looks like it's brings the shortwave in 6 to 12 hours quicker thus a more expansive rh field. Also it looks like a flatter pattern with less ridging out west and less digging with the short wave.

Archived